Chapter 32

3 days before

3 days before

Last preparations for Step 6

Irene's POV:

The thin, soft and straight line made a perfect picture of it. Looking like somebody had drawn it by its own. Still, it was just a simple copy.

Irene was holding the map of the school with all the locations of the fire alarms and fire extinguishers. She had almost forgotten about that. Now, she was sitting at the desk, studying it like an exam. She got three days left to learn it by heart.

She chuckled while thinking about how she got that copy. Still, none of the authorities had noticed that she had lied back then. But it had definitely been too easy...

Her head was resting on her arm as she was watching the sunset out of the window. The air was cold and fresh but not frigid. She took a deep breath and enjoyed the view in front of her that seemed to be so harmonic and peaceful.

The treetops created long shadows, covering the small bushes of the near forest. Far away, hills appeared which completed the picturesque landscape. Soon, she would leave this place, being able to live in freedom.

Like a rabbit in the forest.

She couldn't hold back a smile while thinking about it. She would be free. With a chuckle, she looked back at the map and scrutinized it. Most of the fire extinguishers were in the kitchen- obviously. Irene knew every of them since every kitchen member had to do an obligatory safety instruction.

She skimmed over the west wing and mostly ignored the little signs for the extinguishers. She was more interested into the fire alarms. And the area next to the chapel and the cloister.

Dami's skeptical gaze was too normal for Irene that she had actually gave her an explanation. The girl had just taken a shower and was now walking around just in underwear.

Irene stood up and scanned her dorm member from head-to-toe, not because of her nakedness, but due to her bruises and wounds. She bit her lip and tried to hide the growing pain in her heart behind a sweet smile.

"Sit down", she said softly and pushed Dami gently onto her bed. Dami didn't protest nor said anything and plumped onto her cushions. Irene approached her drawers and put out a plushy white patty and some soap.

"Does it hurt much?", Irene asked and sat down beside her. Dami shrugged and fixed the wall.

"You tough girl", she snickered and pressed the patty gently at a big wound at Dami's arm. The latter flinched and inhaled sharply.

Irene did it with every other wound. Later, she also brushed Dami's hair since she got more knocks than actual straight hair. After that, Dami stood up and grabbed her ten-year-old looking toothbrush out of her drawer. Irene made a grimace and shook her head.