Chapter 13

25 days before

25 days before

Seulgi's POV:

"Good afternoon Seulgi."

Rosé entered the dorm with a short bow, then closed the door behind her. For a second, Seulgi stared at her. Nobody said something.

Rosé frowned, her expression unreadable.

Seulgi blinked twice and shook her head as if she had just woken up out of a trance. "Good afternoon, Rosé." A light smile appeared on her lips, hiding all the nervousness and sudden panic of Seulgi.

Rosé scrutinized her. Then she smiled too and walked further into the room. Seulgi followed her with her gaze until she had sat down.

"They had been here", Rosé noticed as she moved her palm over the bedsheet. She glanced at Seulgi who was preparing her sports bag. "Have you noticed?"

Seulgi hummed in agreement and got up. She put a towel, a pair of socks and some changing clothes into her bag. Should she take some extra water with her?

"Have you met them?", Rosé casually asked and leaned against the wall with some books in her hands. Seulgi shook her head. She heard a sign and saw Rosé nodding absent-mindedly.

She shouldered her bag and grabbed the bottle she had just made into a paradise for salt fishes. Rosé was scanning the room now, looking for anything the Sisters had taken out of order. Her gaze focused on Seulgi who was staring at her.

"Have fun at physical education."

"Thank you", Seulgi answered automatically. They both looked at each other, waiting for the other to say something. Rosé stretched out her legs and raised her eyebrows.

Seulgi lightly shook her head, then turned around to leave the room. Rosé sighed, then Seulgi heard her getting up and placing her books on the desk. She could still feel her gaze lying on her as she exited. How awkward!

How different people could be. How hard it could be to press two magnets together.

Rosé wasn't dumb nor naïve. She had seen Seulgi's real self a while ago. This girl knew Seulgi's way of thinking. Seulgi could see it in her eyes. She couldn't tell weather Rosé didn't care about it or was hiding her displeasure.

She had been nice to her. Everyday. Every morning she would wake her up and reminded her of the prayer. She greeted Seulgi every time and read out a story when it became dark.

But it hadn't been more than simple gestures.

They didn't chatter. They didn't share their stories. Occasionally, they had a small-talk, but no conversation had become deeper than 'the dining schedule'. Maybe Rosé was sick of Seulgi's cold and repulsive behavior.

However, Rosé had never talked bad about her. Never. Rosé wasn't an angel (although she appeared to be), but this girl wouldn't talk bad about anyone nor assume things she couldn't prove.