Chapter 5

"I'm hoping Noah says we can come over", you say to Joe as you walk next to him. "If he does, I will need to go back to my apartment to grab my stuff". Joe looks at you and smiles. "That's not a problem, I can take you to get whatever you need." He really is such a sweet guy. For a second though, you feel bad that you have not spent more time with the other cast and crew members.

You are starting to feel a magnetic pull towards Joe, one that you cannot resist. You really enjoy being in his company. "Thank you. Are you going to grab your swim stuff if we can go to Noah's?" Joe nods his head at your question. "We can stop by my apartment after we go to yours first". Oh my, I get to see his place? You snap out of whatever trance this man has put on you when you see Finn and Gaten heading out of Noah's trailer.

"What's the word?" Joe asks them and Gaten says, "looks like we're going swimming y'all". Since you are all updated on the plan, you go with Joe to head to your apartment first. You sit in the passenger seat of Joe's rental and put the address in the GPS. Once you arrive, you look at Joe and feel courageous. "Do you want to come in?" Joe smiles and says yes. Your heart does another flip when you see his smile. It truly is so beautiful. The cool air feels refreshing when you step inside your apartment You set your stuff down on the table and welcome Joe inside. "I'm going to grab some stuff and then I'll be ready to go".

You offer him to sit on the couch and hang out for a second. "Got it", he says and scrolls through his phone. You grab a tote bag and pull out your bathing suits. You feel nervous about everyone seeing you in a bathing suit, but especially Joe. You want to look and feel hot though, so you go for your bikini that shows off your body beautifully. You choose to wear it because you feel super confident in it. After you change into your bikini and put shorts and a tank top over it, you grab a towel and another change of clothes for after swimming. You then head into the living room to see Joe sitting with his elbow on his knee, and his hand holding his head. He seems a little tired, and you know he's nervous about tomorrow, but you are really happy that he is going to Noah's tonight.

You then head back to Joe's car and he starts driving to his apartment. Music plays on the radio and it is quiet between the two of you while he drives. You look over at him, see him doing his cute tongue thing again, and he catches you staring. "What?" He asks with a smile. Shit, he caught me. "Nothing. Just thinking". "About?" "I am just so grateful for this opportunity. It has lead me to meet so many wonderful people".

He looks at you and says with a daring voice, "and who would that be, exactly?" You feel like you can be playful with him about this, and you giggle before you reply. "Oh you know, Keery, Gaten, Maya, Noah. They're pretty cool". You try not to laugh as you see Joe giving you a "what about me?!" kind of look. "And you, of course. I've spent the most time with you". You look over as Joe focuses on the road, but can see a triumphant smile forming on his gorgeous face.

Finally, you arrive at Joe's apartment and because he is polite, he asks if you want to come in. You say yes, of course, and you follow him inside. His apartment is very clean and it smells really good. You immediately make yourself at home on his couch now and he tells you he will just be a minute. As he is getting his things together, you can't help but be nosey and look around. This is an rental after all, so it's not really his place, but you are impressed at how clean it is. You then hear Joe's voice, could be be on the phone?

"Hey mate, what's up? Yes, we can pick up supplies. Yeah, y/n and I are together now. We will be heading over soon. See you in a bit", It's quiet again. You kind of love the way that sounded. Y/n and I are together. When Joe comes back into the room, you stand up, but then he sets his bag down and politely says, "sit back down".

You are confused for a second, but then agree and sit back on the couch. Joe comes to sit next to you. "Keery wants us to pick up supplies for the party, probably beer or whatever". You nod your head in understanding. "I told him we will be there soon, but I kind of just want to hang out for a second with you". Your insides combust as he says this. "Uhm, sure, that's fine". You are instantly nervous. It's super quiet in his apartment and you can't think of what to say next. "You know, I was not sure who I was going to meet joining this cast, or how they would treat me", Joe says, "but this has been one of the best experiences so far, and we have only just begun. Meeting you has also been wonderful". Joe turns to look at you and you can't help but look into his chocolate brown eyes.

You find it impossible to look away. You clear your throat and say, "really?" Joe gives you a small but adorable smile and nods his head yes. You can tell he is nervous because he looks away from you and then down at his hands. "I will say that I am the most comfortable around you". When he hears you say this he looks back up at you. Oh my God...those eyes. Joe whispers sweetly, "yeah?", looking for reassurance. You notice he hesitates and leans a little closer to you. Wait, is he about to...you get a whiff of cigarettes and his cologne. You finally recognize it as Sauvage Dior. He definitely sprayed it on himself before he came back out. You can't help but lean in towards him because of the magnetic force you feel towards him.

He has a look in his eyes that is passionate...desiring, even. "I feel the same, love". The butterflies in your stomach flutter uncontrollably when you hear him call you "love". You feel like you can't breathe as he nervously puts his hand on the back of your neck and slowly pulls you in. You can smell the mint on his breath and almost feel his lips brush against yours...

When you hear a sound that couldn't come at the worst possible time. It makes both of you jump and Joe closes his eyes and sighs. He answers the phone. "Yes, Finn? Yes...I said we will be there soon. Supplies, got it, got it", and hangs up. "Damn bastard". He says and you laugh nervously, hoping he would continue where you left off. Suddenly, Joe stands up and reaches his hand towards you. "We should get going." You are disappointed because you wanted to kiss him, but you take his hand and stand up. You follow him outside and get back into his car. You're not sure what just happened, but it makes you nervous and scared.

I just started this job, and now I have these feelings for Joe that are getting stronger every time I'm with him. You aren't sure whether to keep going with this or not, but as soon as your doubts continue crawling into your head, you feel Joe put his hand on top of yours and rub it with his thumb. You look over at him and he smiles.

You only hoped that he would try to kiss you again...and soon.

Author's Note: How are you feeling about the story so far? I had to blame this interruption on Finn, sorry y'all

Author's Note:
How are you feeling about the story so far? I had to blame this interruption on Finn, sorry y'all. 😅