Chapter 12

A few hours go by and you see that Keery is your last client for the day. He knocks on the door before he comes in and you greet him. "Hey, what's up?" He says and sits in the chair. You start applying his makeup and you start small talk. He is a really nice guy and talking to him is very easy. "So I've been noticing you and Joe are getting pretty close." You're glad no one else is in the trailer at the moment. You're not sure how to respond to Keery, so you hesitate.

"We have been hanging out". You turn away to grab concealer off the counter. "I see the way he looks at you. If you don't mind me saying, I think my bud has a major crush on you". You smile because it's so sweet that Keery is trying to set you two up. You also smile because he has no idea what you and Joe have been up to recently.

"You think so?" You play along and he nods and says, "yep, I think he's down bad for you". You laugh at his choice of words. "I really like spending time with him". Keery raises his eyebrow when you say this. "So you may be into him then?" You aren't sure if you trust Keery, but what else are you supposed to say? The hesitation in each of your answers makes Keery speak before you do. "Okay, okay, I'm sorry for prying. I just think you guys would be cute together, that's all".

You'll have to remember to tell Joe later that Keery is a good wingman. "You don't have to be sorry. I was actually wondering if anyone was going to notice how much Joe and I have been hanging out." Keery says, "I don't think anyone else has really. Maya mentioned something the other day after the pool party, but she was just making an observation." You nod your head and then finish up his makeup.

"Thanks, y/n. I'll see you around!" He says as he leaves the trailer. You sit in the chair for a second and check your phone. You haven't been able to check it for quite some time because you've been busy. You smile as you see a text from Joe.

Joe: Dinner tonight, 7pm. I'll pick you up. It's a date. 😉

Your heart starts to pound because you love the idea of going on a date with Joe. You text him back and then hit send.

You: Can't wait. See you later, handsome. 😘

You're not sure where Joe is taking you, but you start gathering your things so you can head back to your apartment to figure out what you want to wear. Once you're there, you head to your closet and look through your clothes. It's still pretty hot outside so you decide to go for a dress and grab your favorite heels. You touch up your hair and makeup and make sure your purse has your ID, keys, and money. You hear the doorbell ring and check your phone. 7pm on the dot. You giggle at how prompt he is and head for the door. You are nervous when you open the door, but when you do, your breath is taken away.

Joe is standing there looking so incredibly handsome. He put some kind of product in his hair which made his curls even more defined. He's wearing a navy blue button down shirt and it's unbuttoned a little, showing his chest. His shirt is tucked into his dress pants. He looks so damn fine. He takes a look at you and you swear you can hear him inhale. "You look...absolutely stunning." He leans forward and gives you a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you. You look very handsome". You head to Joe's car and he opens the door for you. "Where are we going?" He tells you the name of the restaurant and says, "I've heard really good things about it".

Joe parks the car and says "wait here". You're not sure what he's doing until you see him walking to your side of the car to open your door. He reaches his hand out for you and you take it. "Why thank you, sir". You giggle and he replies, "my pleasure". In order to get to the restaurant you have to cross the street. Joe takes your hand and holds it as you walk across. Once you enter the restaurant and sit down, you order a glass of wine. Joe orders a dirty martini for himself. The ambience in the restaurant is very romantic.

Joe says, "order whatever you'd like". You smile at him and reach for his hand. "What's on your mind?" He asks and you realize he is staring at you. "I was talking to Keery today. He says we would be cute together. Says that you're 'down bad for me.' He's a good wingman, I tell you". You smile flirtatiously. "Oh really?" He says and gives your hand a gentle squeeze. Before he can say anything else, the waiter brings your drinks. You take a sip and hope it will calm your nerves.

The waiter asks what you would like for dinner and you both order. After that you change the topic of conversation. You ask each other questions about your family and life before Stranger Things. You love that you're getting to know him on a more personal level. Once you're both finished with dinner the waiter brings the bill and you offer to pay your half. Joe smiles as he brings out his wallet. "Absolutely not". You giggle, roll your eyes, then thank him for dinner.

When you step outside you notice how nice the weather is. "Would you like to take a walk?" Joe asks and you nod your head. You hold his hand as you walk on the sidewalk. "Let's go this way", he says as he leads you to a park. You see that there is a gazebo with hanging lights. Your heart begins to flutter.

There is a bench in the gazebo and you both sit down. "I have really enjoyed spending time with you" Joe says as he puts his arm around you. You lean in a little more to catch the scent of his cologne "I have too. I am just so happy when we are together." Joe looks at you with his doe eyes. "Really?" You smile and reply, "Yes. I enjoy spending time with you so much that I find myself craving you when we are apart. I have a need to be near you. To touch you."

You're a little shocked that you just said this out loud, but you can't take it back now. Joe looks at you with desire in his eyes and says, "You...need me?" Your heart pounds uncontrollably as you nod your head. Before you can elaborate on your statement, Joe leans in to kiss you.

He tries to hold himself back but you don't want him to.You stop kissing for a second, look at each other and you say, "let's go to the car". Joe stands up immediately with you and heads in that direction.