Chapter 22

Author's Note:
Y'all when I write about Joe I truly feel like he would act this way or say these things and it just makes my heart explode ughhh. Anyways 🫠...

Your alarm wakes you up and you turn it off quickly

Your alarm wakes you up and you turn it off quickly. You then roll over and see that Joe is still asleep. You rub your eyes and then lean over to kiss his cheek. "It's time to get up, baby", you whisper and Joe just says "mmm" and takes a deep breath. A couple seconds later he opens his eyes. "Do we have to?" he whispers sleepily. You smile and reply, "it's time for us to go to New York", and kiss him again. Joe pulls his arms from under the covers and wraps them around you. "Can we just stay like this a little bit longer?" he says quietly and it's so tempting.

However, you don't want to miss your flight, especially since Netflix is paying for it. "Come on, Joe", you say and start to pull away from him (as much as it kills you to). Joe makes a whiny sound and you giggle. You stand up and pull the covers off of him and can never get over the sight of him in just his briefs. You walk away and start to change your clothes. Joe eventually gets up and quickly makes the bed. He then walks over to you and gives you a hug. "Are you ready?" you ask him and look into his eyes. You can tell that he's even more nervous about this trip. "I think so", he replies and then gives you a soft kiss. You smile and then think about the gift you have for him. You wanted to wait until you were in New York, but you decide to give it to him now.

"I have something for you," you say and Joe smiles and replies, "What is it?" he lets go of you so you can grab it from your suitcase. You pick up the small, rectangular box and bring it to him. "I wanted to give this to you later today, but I want you to have it now." Joe takes the box and sits on the bed. You sit next to him as he unwraps the box and opens it. You watch him and his face lights up when he sees the silver chain. "Wow, thank you love, it's beautiful. I absolutely adore it!" You smile at your boyfriend and he leans over to kiss you. Joe picks it up out of the box and admires it. He then puts it on (he's still shirtless, by the way) and your insides combust at the sight. "I know that there will be times we can't be together during this trip. So, I want you to know that if that happens, or if at any time you feel nervous, I will always be with you. You can think of me when you wear it," you say quietly. Joe just looks at you with those captivating brown eyes and your heart starts to pound. "This is the sweetest gift anyone has ever given me. I truly love the chain, and I love you, y/n. So much, thank you."

He stands up and pulls you up from the bed. He holds your face with both of his hands and leans forward to give you the sweetest, most loving kiss. He then brings you in for a tight, warm hug and you stay like this for a couple more minutes. Joe then says, "alright, we best get going" and gets dressed. There is a car waiting for the both of you when you leave Joe's apartment. The driver gets out to help with your luggage and you both sit in the back.

Since it's so early in the morning, traffic is not bad while you're heading to the airport. You both sit quietly but you hold Joe's hand. You rub your thumb on his knuckles and can feel him squeeze your hand gently every now and then. Once you arrive at the airport, you head over to the counter to check your bags and then go through security. You find a spot to wait to board and Joe puts his arm around you. The airport doesn't seem to be too busy either, which is surprising. You were definitely wondering if anyone would recognize Joe here. You knew that after the Stranger Things 4 premiere, Joe would definitely be recognized a lot more, but you are so incredibly proud of your boyfriend. He deserves the world.

You look over at him lovingly and he's got his sunglasses on top of his head and his headphones on, listening to music. You try to snuggle up close to him and he kisses the top of your head. Soon after,  you and Joe board the plane and head to New York City. It's an eight hour flight, so you and Joe watch movies together and eventually you fall asleep on each other. When you finally land you and Joe go to baggage claim immediately and find the driver who would be taking you to your hotel. It is still early morning in New York City, but there is a lot more traffic as you head to the hotel. Once you finally arrive, you and Joe check in and head to your room.

"It's going to take me a whole day just to adjust to this jet lag", Joe says as you open your suitcase and unpack. "Tell me about it," you reply and put your toiletry bag and makeup bag in the bathroom. The hotel room is decorated beautifully and is very nice, with a king sized bed and a huge bathroom. It has a jetted tub which you made a mental note about. "We should look at your schedule for today, babe" you say as you're still in the bathroom. Joe walks in and pulls his phone out. "Okay, well today won't be as busy as tomorrow, but I still have some press." You nod your head and he continues to read. "I have an interview with Keery and Gaten later this morning, and have to leave around 11. Then I have some other interviews and I should be done by 7. Then Gaten wants to go to dinner". "Sounds good, I'm looking forward to that," you say with a smile. "I think I am going to try to nap a little more" Joe says and looks at you with a "will you join me?" kind of look. You giggle and say, "lead the way, handsome".

Joe runs over to the king bed and pulls on the covers. You laugh as he struggles with untucking the sheets. "Bastards, why do they tuck them in like this?!" Once he's got them untucked, Joe takes his shirt and pants off, throws them on the couch, and climbs into bed. The sight of him wearing the gold chain is doing things to you, and you really should nap, but you can't help but take your shirt and leggings off, and then climb on top of Joe. He laughs and says, "baby, we need to nap" and you reply, "just kiss me". His face turns seductive as you lean down to kiss him. He immediately puts his hand on the back of your head, opens his mouth, and slides his tongue inside. Your kisses are slow and passionate. You sit up for a second and reach behind your back to take off your bra. Joe's hands feel warm as he reaches to cup your breasts. You then lean forward again and continue making out with him. You start to climb off of him so you can reach for the waistband of his underwear, when all of a sudden there is frantic knocking on the door. This makes you and Joe both jump and you whine in frustration.

"Who is that?! It's too early" you complain as you both get up out of the bed. Joe says, "I'm not sure, but get dressed, love". Once you're both dressed, you head out of the bedroom and into the living room area so Joe can look through the peephole. "Oh, this bastard's gonna owe me big time for this," he says and opens the door. Keery is standing at the door with a huge smile on his face. He and Joe give each other a big hug, obviously very happy to see each other.  As much as you love Keery, you definitely wanted to slam that door in his face and take your boyfriend back to bed.