Chapter 31

The next day you and Joe start packing up to get ready to fly to LA. You were excited to go back to LA since it has been a while, now that you live with Joe in London. You were also super excited because you and Joe were going on your first mini vacation together, just the two of you. "Joshua Tree will be so beautiful," you say to Joe as you're packing your suitcase. "I can't wait, either, love. Just you, me, and the stars". He walks over to you and hugs you from behind, giving you a gentle squeeze. Your insides combust at the thought of you and Joe being in such a gorgeous, private place like Joshua Tree.

"I'm excited about the Mustang I rented for our little road trip," Joe giggles adorably and you smile at him. "Of course you are," you reply and Joe starts tickling your sides, causing you to snort and laugh hysterically. "Joe, STOP!" You manage to say through your laughter. A couple seconds pass by and he faces you and wraps his arms around you. "Thank you for everything you do for me, y/n. It means the world to me. You mean the world to me," he whispers lovingly and you smile and say, "You're welcome, babe. I'm your biggest fan, remember?" Joe giggles, kisses your forehead, and says, "You may have to hash that one out with my mum and dad, love".  You look at your boyfriend and reply, "that's fair", and he leans down to give you a gentle kiss on your lips. "We should get back to packing, babe. Check out is in thirty minutes", you suggest and Joe nods his head in agreement. Once you're both done, you head down to the lobby. You already said your goodbyes to your friends, so you and Joe go straight into the van that will take you to the airport.

Once you get your suitcases and head through security, you wait to board your flight. You realize that this may be one of the last times that you and Joe can sit in an airport terminal without him being recognized, so you look over at him, hold his hand, and gently squeeze it. "Hey, you," he says sweetly, "what's up, sweetheart?" You smile and say, "Just thinking of how proud I am of you. And how things are probably going to change very soon." Joe raises his eyebrow and looks at you, clearly wanting you to explain. "I just mean when season four comes out and everyone sees Eddie...everyone will know your face". Joe puts his arm around you and says, "How about we face that if or when the time comes. But right now, let's check out that amazing Airbnb you booked for our little getaway". You smile, pull out your phone, and hit the app. You move your phone closer to Joe so he can look at the pictures. "This place is incredible. It's so beautiful. Look at the pool! Is that a hammock? Oh, we're so napping in that. Look at the windows, wow...can you imagine the view of the stars at night? This place is so romantic, love."

You smile at how excited Joe is about the place you found. You have always wanted to go on vacation with him, and it's finally happening. "What?" He says with an adorable smile, and you reply, "you're cute, that's all". Joe kisses your cheek and you both continue scrolling through the pictures. A few minutes later,  boarding is starting and you both grab your backpacks and head to the door. Once you're settled in your seats, you put your headphones in and buckle your seatbelt. During the flight Joe falls asleep, and you're not surprised since he's been working nonstop this week. You can't help but smile at your beautiful boy.

You decide to watch your favorite movie and at one point you feel Joe's hand on your arm. "You're watching that again?" He says playfully. His eyes are still sleepy and he looks completely adorable, so you can't be mad at him poking fun at you. "Yes, it's my comfort movie," you reply and stick out your tongue for a second. Joe giggles and then yawns a couple seconds later. "Did you have a good nap?" You ask him, genuinely curious. "Eh, I suppose. I hope you know we will be sleeping a lot during our vacation. There will be a lot of sleeping, and eating, and fuck—"as your insides were about to combust, he was immediately cut off by the flight attendant, offering another drink to the both of you. "No thank you," you say politely to the flight attendant, when in actuality you wanted to tell her to fuck off for interrupting your boyfriend's naughty thoughts.