Chapter 21

Author's Note:
I'm back besties. 🥰 I'm so sorry it took a couple of days for me to update. I was not expecting Eddie's death in Volume 2, and it just broke me. 💔 I am still utterly heartbroken about it. However, writing this story has been very therapeutic, so I must continue. Thank you so much for reading it, I'm so glad you're here. ❤️

Not one, but two years later, you and Joe are still together

Not one, but two years later, you and Joe are still together. You won't lie, there are times when you think, take that, Joe's asshole of an agent, Chris. You're so deeply in love and things are going so well for you both personally and professionally. Stranger Things wrapped about a year ago and the premiere was in a couple of days. It was going to be a huge, live event. You and Joe are going to leave for New York City tomorrow. "Are you excited about the premiere?" You ask your lovely boyfriend. You and Joe are in London, at your apartment. "Yeah, but I hear there will be a lot of people. I'm a little nervous about that", he responds. You smile at how adorable he is when he gets nervous. "It will be fun to go to New York City, though, won't it?" You say to try to calm his nerves. "Yeah, I've never been," he says and then walks over to you. You're sitting down and Joe leans forward to kiss you. It doesn't matter how many times he kisses you, you always feel like it's the first time.

"I'll have to do a bunch of press. To be honest, I'm looking forward to the party after the premiere to spend time with you and my friends." He explains and you say, "you'll be just fine, babe. There's already so many Eddie Munson fans in the world, so I'm sure they'll be so thrilled to see you. And probably shocked to find out you're British". Joe laughs and sits next you to. He wraps his arm around you and you lay your head on his shoulder. "How do you know there are Eddie fans already?" He asks and you look at him. He has a very curious look in his face. "Well, duh, I have Instagram and TikTok. If you look at the Eddie Munson hashtag there's all kinds of stuff there".  You smile and giggle at him. "Stuff?" He repeats and you explain, "you know, edits. From the promo pics and the trailer. They love you already. Just wait until they finally see you on screen." He smiles back at you and kisses your forehead. "I love you". "I love you too, Joe".

A couple minutes later Joe's phone rings. "Hey mate, how are you?" He answers with a big smile on his face. You look at him, wondering who it is. Joe whispers "Gaten" and then says "yeah, we are leaving tomorrow for the premiere. Can't wait to see you too, man. Yeah, we're ready, I think" he looks at you and gives you a sweet smile. "Okay, I'll text you when we get there. Let's do dinner one night. Okay, talk soon mate, bye". Joe hangs up and is till wearing a big smile. You know how much he loves Gaten, especially after what they experienced together while filming the second volume of Stranger Things. "Feeling better about the trip now?" You ask sweetly and Joe nods. "Yeah, it will be lovely to see Gaten. But having you there will make everything a million times better, love".

Later that day, you both spend time packing. You both have your outfits picked out for the premiere, and you cannot wait to be Joe's date. You also can't wait to see Joe in that blue suit, looking absolutely gorgeous. You are a little nervous, though, about all of the press. Although you've been together for two years, it's still hard for you to avoid reading negative comments about you and Joe. It actually hurts you more when you read negative things about Joe because he's such a wonderful person. You'll never understand why anyone would say such things. "You okay?" Joe says quietly and you snap out of your thoughts. You smile and nod your head. "Just thinking about the premiere. I can't wait to be there, standing next to you, knowing you're all mine." You say flirtatiously. "Yeah?" He replies in the same flirtatious tone. "I hate to be that girl, but while everyone else is going crazy for you, I know that you'll be coming home with me." This makes Joe step closer to you and grab your waist. "What will you do with me then?" He whispers and you feel a shiver going down your spine. You lean in to give him a soft kiss and say, "Hmmm, I'll think about it." Joe then gives you a "seriously?!" kind of look and you start laughing. "I have to finish packing babe, now let me focus." Joe slaps your ass and then leaves you to it.

A few hours later, you're both finally done packing. Joe grabs you and whispers sweetly, "let me take you on a date tonight" and your heart flutters. You're excited because you probably won't have too much alone time with him in the next few days. "Absolutely, where are you taking me?" You reply and he tells you the name of the restaurant. You smile at Joe, kiss him, and then start getting ready. Once you're both ready, you look at Joe and literally gawk at your boyfriend because he's so hot. He's wearing a button down shirt and the top three buttons are undone, showing his chest. His pants are baggy, and you smile because he likes them that way. He put product in his hair and his curls are perfection. The mere sight of him makes you bite your lip. He gives you one of those smiles that makes you go weak in the knees. "Ready, sweetheart?" He says and you say "Mhm, let's go, handsome."

Joe opens the car door for you and you sit in the passenger seat. Once he gets in, he starts the car and heads to the restaurant. You arrive about ten minutes later and smile when you see it. The restaurant is one of the best in the city, and it's known for being very romantic. Joe takes your hand and kisses it as you walk inside. You're led to a table in a quiet area and both order a drink. The waiter brings your drinks soon after and you both sip and smile at each other. "I was thinking about what you said earlier," Joe says, after taking a sip. "What did I say?" You ask and wait for his reply. "You said you can't wait to be at the premiere with me, knowing I'm yours." You nod your head and take a sip of your cocktail. "Well, I get to show off my gorgeous girl to the world, knowing you're all mine. And even better, you'll be coming home with me...and I already know what I'll be doing to you." He says this devilishly and you almost choke on your drink.

You swallow quickly and say "Joe!" And he gives you a daring look. If he keeps this up right now, you won't be staying for dinner. "What? I simply can't help myself, love". You reach over and hold his hand. He rubs his thumb over your knuckles and you stare into those beautiful, brown eyes. "Forgive me for interrupting, but are you ready to order?" The waiter says, and you both giggle and quickly contain yourselves. You both enjoy your dinner and finish your drinks. Once Joe pays the bill, you start heading back to the car.

As you're walking and holding hands, you hear, "Oh. My. God. Joseph Quinn?!" and you both stop and turn around. You see two women standing there with huge smiles on their faces. One of them has her hands on her face in shock. "We are so excited about Eddie!!!" The other woman says. Joe smiles and says, "Hello. Why, thank you very much." "Can we please get a picture with you?!" The other woman asked excitedly. "Sure, of course" Joe replied sweetly and you step forward and say "I'd be happy to take it for you". "THANK YOU!" The two women say as they stand next to Joe. You smile as you see the Eddie Munson hive has clearly been formed. Joe gives each woman a hug and thanks them again, kindly. You then look at each other and start walking back to the car. You can hear the women squealing in the distance, which makes you giggle.

"That was mad! I'm not sure if I'll ever get used to that." Joe says to you with a big smile, grabs your hand, and squeezes it gently. "I have a feeling you're going to have to try, babe", you say with a supportive, loving smile.