𝙭𝙞.

Gulping down her fear and anxiety, Dawn forced a calm mask on her face as she waited with bated breath and a pounding heart.

If this end in a fight, which it probably will, she will have two things to worry about. To defend herself and keep an eye on a defenseless Yeonjun, which would be a little hard because she had two enemies.

Judging by the auras they were emitting, one was used to close range, which means they will be using direct attacks, which could make her push away from Yeonjun. While the other one seemed to be experienced in using mid-range or far-range fighting, which she could guess would attack her off-guard.

She has to play this smart.

Trying to stifle the noise of surprise, she stood there dumbfounded, seeing an enormous creature step into her line of sight. It was bull, but at the same time, it wasn't. Because there's no way an ordinary bull could stand on its hind legs and walk like a person. It's like one of the monsters from Greek Mythology... The Minotaur is a half man and half bull creature.

Trailing after the mythical creature was a person shrouded in a cloak, hood pulled up, and was holding a glowing staff. Her eyes narrowed at the glowing object, knowing it was the one that blasted them out of the sky.

She didn't have to use her magic just to sense their intentions. "Were you the ones who did this to him? Who are you? What do you want?" She snarled, having a hard time containing her anger, remembering the weird liquid injected into the now unconscious man.

"There's no need to get violent, girly. We're just some harmless bandits trying to work for a living." The cloaked man replied with a mocking smile on his face.

Bandits... So they are one of the reasons why Yeonjun and others have to patrol every day.

Remembering the others, she felt her heart stutter in fear when she thought of Beomgyu being alone in the woods.

That only made her worry even more.

"You don't want me to get violent?" Dawn chuckled dryly. "Yet you did this to him? Whatever you did to him, it better not be dangerous."

"Or else what?"

What? Her head titled to the side, eyes narrowing in annoyance. This guy is testing my patience...

"Or else you'll wish you never met me." Her eyes shone luminescent red, not only intimidating the cloaked man but also the bull creature.

"What the hell is this!? Boss didn't say anything about a freaky woman!" The cloaked man gulped when he saw the girl's eyes narrowed inquisitively.

"Now tell me... Mateo, was it? Who's this boss of yours and what kind of drug did you put on him?"

Seeing the guy paled in horror, Dawn couldn't help but flash a wicked smile, knowing fully well that she took reign in the situation. She knew she didn't have to ask to get answers, but she wanted to give him a measly chance to see if he deserve what was coming for him. She was just being reasonable.