𝙭𝙡𝙫𝙞𝙞.

They felt like the world had collapsed under their feet as reality hit them hard, crushing them under the pressure, breaking all their bones, and tearing the very fabric of their bodies apart.

"No, no, no, no!" Kai shook his head in denial, dropping his head down her hand as he let out a broken cry. His precious tears were falling onto her hand as he hid his face from the world to see. He refused to believe it. This can't be happening.

"DAMN IT! Damn it, damn it, DAMN IT!" Yeonjun screamed out angrily, punching the wall repeatedly in frustration. His eyes blurred with hot tears as he clenched his jaw tightly. He thought he wouldn't feel disgustingly weak again! He promised himself that he'd do anything just to keep everyone safe.

"I should've known that the masked bastard is planning something! If only I had caught on earlier, the shadows wouldn't trap us! Then, maybe we would've been able to save her! Maybe she would still be alive and—" But Taehyun cut himself off as he clenched his fists tightly, his nails digging deep into his palm. He was deceiving himself yet again. He was deluding himself into thinking that he could've saved her.

"All... All my fault... This is all my fault. If only I could've run a little faster; maybe her heart could still be beating. Maybe I could've done something different." Beomgyu muttered to himself, his voice cracking. His tears seemed to have run out. His whole body was numb, and he felt powerless to do anything else.

The empty alley has never felt so vast. The silence was deafening. There wasn't even a single roar and cry from the monsters wrecking chaos outside. It felt like they were inside their own bubble, isolated from the rest of the world.

There's only them... The five of them huddled in the tiny space, mourning over the loss of their friend.

They haven't even gotten the chance to help her find her home.

Soobin blinked his eyes as the sunray of the afternoon light managed to peek between the gaps of buildings to the alley they're in. He watched the sun from his spot slowly crept down the horizon. The sky started to turn grey as the rays of sunlight gradually vanished behind buildings.

A resigned sigh fell out of his lips as he closed his eyes. He knew they need to move now. By now, the Sacred Quill must have returned to its home. Only the bastard King, his army of the unknown, and another son of a b*tch were the remaining threat to them.

They might be outnumbered and their chances of winning were slim that only a miracle could save them all, but Soobin wouldn't lose hope. Because he knew that good will always prevail.

"We need to go. The fight is not yet over." He started, turning around to face the other four. "I know you guys wanted to stay because you feel like... It was the least you could do because we couldn't—" He paused, blinking back the tears that formed in his eyes and swallowed thickly. "because of what happened to her. But it won't change anything. We might fail at saving her, but we could still avenge her. We have to end this terror. For Dawn and for everyone else."

One by one, they rise on their feet. Their eyes were glowing with determination, thirst for justice, and the promise of vengeance.