𝙡.

The stars shone brightly overhead, casting a gentle glow as the moon hid behind the clouds. Soft puffs of breath disturbed the relatively peaceful night. Gentle rustles and cooing of the owls could be heard echoing in the quiet night. It was a beautiful night, but nothing could matter to the girl more than her family.

Her only family.

Trudging past the lifeless bodies of black cloaked people, her face was void of emotions but there were dried tears clinging onto her cheeks. She halted at the sight of the familiar woman slumped, lifeless, on the ground. And without a warning, her knees buckled to the ground.

A dull thud resonating.

"Ana...?" She called quietly, her hand reaching out towards the fallen Witch with the faintest hope that she may be alive.

Her fingers reached out hesitantly, gently brushing through the purple-eyed Witch's hair with the gentlest of touches.

"Don't go, Ana... Please... No." Her body shook uncontrollably as sobs wracked her chest. Tears began to fall again, covering her tear-stained cheeks. "ANA!"

Her cries of despair echoed through the silent night as she clutched onto Ana like her life depended on it because it was... Without her, she was nothing. She felt like nothing.Ana was the only family that she ever had. A person who cared for her with sincerity. Even if they're not blood-related, they share a bond. She became someone significant in her life. And now she lost her to the darkness.

She was alone again in this cruel reality.

And it was her fault.

It was her fault for not being strong enough.

Suddenly, the wind picks up. It whipped on her hair, through her clothes, and tore at her exposed skin with cold bites of winter air. But it didn't deter her. She couldn't move. She didn't want to... What's the point? She had nothing.

It was funny, though. She had already experienced death, grief, and pain at a young age. Something that could drive a normal human being into insanity. But right now, she didn't feel any emotion at all. She was numb. Empty.

Endless Nothingness...

Then, as if a switch was turned on, she felt something inside her snap. An indescribable feeling consumed her as an intense rush of emotions washed over her. Anger... Sadness... Disappointment... Regret... Her heart pounded wildly inside her chest as tears flowed freely down her reddened cheeks.

Her lips quivered with every sob, but no sound escaped her mouth. And then...

BOOM!

A massive explosion of scarlet magic burst out from her, the shockwave rippling through the air and sending the nearby trees flying.

She didn't notice she was floating in mid-air, surrounded by swirling red and black chaotic energy. The magic spread through the air, turning the land a bright scarlet hue that reflected off the starry sky and the pure white moon.