𝙭𝙡.

"Surprise, surprise!" He loved that petrified looked in her face.

"How—how did you--" Dawn tried uttering some words, her lips quivering as the words were caught in her throat. "How could you do this? They were your friends! I am your friend! Why?" Her voice cracked while she held back her tears, clenching her fists tightly.

"I'm tired of hiding, you see. I want my old life back, where I can do anything I want. Where I don't have to worry about anyone else and everything will go smoothly. Does wanting free and normal life a crime?" He sneered, his lips turning into a bitter line. He walked closer and reaching with his hand to caress her cheek softly. "So if you want your freedom, please cooperate willingly with me, Dawn." He smirked when she winced at the sensation of his finger grazing against her skin.

His dark eyes stared down at hers, searching for the emotions inside her. She remained silent. He frowned slightly and released his grip on her cheeks.

"Well, it looks like you want to do this the hard way, eh?" He chuckled darkly.

What could this maniac be planning next?

"How would you feel if I tell you that your selfishness will get one of your friends killed?" He questioned slowly, staring at her coldly.

"What the hell are you talking about!?" She seethed, her green eyes threatening to turn scarlet but feeling the heavy chain on her wrists, her anger faltered.

"Oh! Haven't I told you yet? Our friendly summoner, Kai, is also captured by the King. And guess what? In every lie you tell or questions you didn't answer, he'll be losing precious seconds. So you won't mind if I make sure that he's alive to torture, right?" He grinned wickedly.

"I swear to you as soon as I get off these chains, you'll regret even thinking of betraying us! You hear me!? I'll f*cking blast you to smithereens, you sick son of a bitch!!" She cried, her face contorted by pure fury.

"Careful there, sweetheart. You might trigger the chains and I promise you it won't feel pleasant." He threatened calmly.

"Don't act like actually you care." She snarled, her nails digging deeply into her hands.

He laughed sarcastically. "Well, I don't. But since I love to play with the enemies' emotions, I'll indulge myself for a while more." He smiled devilishly as he approached her with predatory steps, his eyes gleaming. He reached out to grab her wrist, but he didn't expect her to lash out at him as hard as she could manage.

She threw her weight against him, making him stumble back a few steps. Before he could retaliate, she spun and ran out of the cell, hearing her chain rattle as she ran away. He growled in frustration before taking a step after her. He didn't bother running because he knew she wouldn't get far.

She sprinted across the stone floor as fast as she could without falling over. Her heart was beating wildly in her ears, her body aching due to her injuries and exhaustion.