𝙭𝙭𝙭.

"I have never seen mortals so brave yet foolish like the three of you..."

Dawn felt like she had woken up from a hangover. Not like she had drunk an alcoholic beverage before, but what she was feeling right now was the biggest headache she had in her entire life.

Also, she felt like something heavy was holding her down, making it difficult for her to breathe. She tried moving and realized it was not as painful, but her movement was abnormally sluggish. Like she was drugged.

What the hell happened?

As she slowly opened her eyes and turned her head around, her eyes locked with the yellow lamp eyes of the dragon. She felt her inside immediately freezing in fear.

A dragon was looking right into her eyes. Shit! That scares the life out of me! She tried moving again, but her attempt was in vain.

The light caught on the black scales covering the large wings, which were folded neatly behind its back.

"Don't even bother trying to escape, mortal. You're currently under a poison's effect."

Hearing the word poison, her face blanched in panic. No way that's possible! How did I manage to get poisoned?! Dawn thought frantically as she looked around and saw that she was still in the cave.

Soobin... Taehyun... Where are they!?

She frantically looked around her, but there was no sign of them nearby. "Where are they!? What did you do to them!?" She tried to hide the shakiness in her voice as she demanded her friends' whereabouts.

But the only reaction she got from the beast was a glare. "You're in no position to be asking questions. I should be the one asking you that." It then moved its lengthy neck closer. She couldn't help but gulp, seeing its pointy and huge fangs too close to comfort.

"Tell me, mortal. What are you doing in my cave?" Now that she had looked at the dragon closer, she noticed it wasn't moving its mouth when speaking. It must be telepathy. Great! If this was really psychic, it would know exactly why she was here.

And she sure hopes it doesn't kill her for what she was about to ask. "Um... Well. I'm here for the Sacred Quill. I need that to heal my friend because he was poisoned."

The dragon just stared at her blankly, as if waiting for more of a reason than just healing her friend. But she said nothing else. She was quite unsure what would be its reaction if she said that they were also supposed to take the Quill with them.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the beast spoke again. "Why should I believe you?"

Dawn hesitated for a moment before deciding to tell him the truth. After all, the truth is always best. "Because I'm telling you the truth. My friend is dying from the poison. I don't want him to die because you won't give him your precious Quill." She gritted her teeth before forcing herself to calm down. "To tell you the truth, we initially came here to get the Quill for the King in exchange for the antidote but we realized that we could cure our friend by using the Quill."