𝙭𝙭𝙫.

Immediately, they ran by her side and got her off the ground. She was then moved comfortably into someone's arms. Her mind went blank for a second, her body subconsciously stiffening at the unfamiliar warm contact but gradually loosened up. She can't help but burrow deeper into the pleasant heat.

"I'm so sorry we didn't notice sooner, Dawn." He whispered, holding back tears and trying not to show how he felt.

"It's okay," Dawn croaked out, leaning against him more for support than anything else.

Immediately, Beomgyu set to work. His touch was gentle as he held her arms, getting them close to him to heal her bleeding fingers. The familiar green glow from his healing stone illuminated his face as he worked on her wounds. He smiled gently at her, hoping this would be enough to bring comfort to her.

The others were standing close enough if Beomgyu somehow needed their help. Looking at the Witch, they cannot help but feel different emotions. Fear, relief, and happiness... They were all jumbled up. But there was also confusion.

Were the rumors about the Valley of the Lost not true at all?

Or...

Was she really just that powerful?

Seeing their worried faces peering over her, she can't help but feel warm. It has been quite a while since someone cared about her so much. A smile grew on her face. It was almost contagious.

"Thank you..." she managed to say, her voice cracking from the strain. "For helping me."

And for also waiting for me...

Beomgyu was still giving her his reassuring smile. Dawn sighed contentedly. Being back with her friends made things a lot better. She felt a sense of Déjà vu when she remembered how these guys acted when Yeonjun woke up after getting poisoned.

Her uncertain thoughts and insecurities about them not being friends had fled. She thought they just pitied her, so they called themselves her friends, but it wasn't. All this time, they've been treating her the way they treat each other, like an actual friend.

Now, her heart is lighter, knowing they are all here for her, no matter what.

The silence lasted until the healing process ended, leaving a healthy pink patch of skin in its place. Her fingers were completely healed.

Beomgyu stood up and helped her stand by herself. She let out another sigh of contentment as her legs regained their strength.

"What happened? Why did you let go?"

Dawn felt the string in her heart tighten when she saw the tears threatening to fall down his face.

"I'm sorry. I let the Valley get into my head." She frowned, looking at the ground. "I had been having this kind of dream about this person." She thought it was time for them to know more about her. She didn't want them to misunderstand her.