Rainbow Baby

-----

~ ~

-----

"What

"What... father? How do you know that?" I said, trying to process what he said. "I'll explain to you along the way. But do you think we should explain this with this mess around?"He asked me. I looked around the room, with red liquid everywhere and items on the ground. We... just cleaned that.

"No." I answered, looking at him.

"I'll report it to the police. I'll give her a proper burial." He said to me, putting the gun on his back. "What's a burial?" I asked him. "It's where you place someone and... somewhere they can... sleep in peace." He explained. 

I turned to my mom. "Mommy... is sleeping..?" I asked him. "... yes." He said with a spoken tone.

He clears up his throat. "I'll get you somewhere safe, would you like that?" He said to me. 

But... this was my safe place. My home.

"What about mommy?" I turned back to him.

He froze for a moment, "It's what I said... she is sleeping. For... a long time." He turned to the door. But I looked down at my mom. I wasn't stupid. She was on the ground, not moving, and seeing the man stab her in the heart. 

"I'm... pretty sure. She's in a better place now." I wept.

Ackerman turned to me, knowing I was aware. "For a kid like you... not around my daughter's age. I feel terrible. But as long as she has a proper burial. She will be in the best place she's ever been." He said, opening the door.

With the good energy I felt, I trusted myself that I would follow him. The cold breeze touched my skin, giving chills through my spine. As we walked, I saw his cart with two horses shaking their mane.

 "I have a wife and a daughter at home. I'm sure they'll be happy to see you. It might take some time to convince my wife, but she would love to have another daughter in the family." He explained, opening the back cart, and helping me get up. There were several pieces of meat on the giving a smell that was... not nice.