Training Era

Training Era

You are 11 years old

~ ~

I feel the hot sun hit my face and the wind flying everywhere

I feel the hot sun hit my face and the wind flying everywhere. I stood there in an army position listening to the Commodant. 

"We will now begin the enlistment ceremony for the 104th Trainee Corps!" The Commodant yelled. "I am Keith Shadis, and I had the misfortune to be assigned to train you, bastards!" CoomodantShadis said.

 "And I'm not here to welcome you at all! Right now, you're mere cattle, fit for nothing but Titan food! No.. less than cattle! In three years, we'll take you worthless pieces of crap and train you! Give you the means to fight the Titans!"

"In three years, when you stand before a Titan, will you still be food?! Or will you be a noble wall, shielding the king?! Or perhaps, one of humanity's glorious soldiers that slay Titans?!"

"You will decide!"

Dang, he knows how to push people's buttons but I'm wondering if this is true enough. 

I looked at Commodant Shadis walking to Armin. "You there!" He shouted to Armin. "Yes, sir!" Armin replied. 

"Who are you?!"

 "Armin Arlert, from Shiganshina!"

 "Yeah? That's a stupid name. Your parents give you that?" 

"My grandfather did!"

Really? Huh, I didn't know that.

 "Arlert, what are you doing here?!" Commandant Shades yelled. "Trying to aid in humanity's victory!" Armin yelled.

 "That is wonderful to hear, let's see how the Titans will see your appetite once you're there!" Commandant Shadis spoke. I heard a snicker next to me, I turned to see a boy with brown hair but, really shaved.

He suddenly turned to look at me and was startled. I grinned a little bit and looked back at the Commandant. "Wha- jus" He studdered. " You there!" Commandant Shadis shouted. He was startled and looked at the Commandant. "Jean Kirschtein, from Trost!" Jean yelled. 

"What are you doing here?!"

 "Joining the Military Police for a life deep within the walls."

"Oh, I see... You want access to the interior?"

"That's right!" Jean said, his whole face lit up.

Suddenly, CommandantShadis confronts Jean, and Jean falls to the ground. "Who said you could sit down? Anyone who can't handle the Military Police doesn't deserve to be here," Commandant Shadis said, looking down.

I couldn't help but giggle a little bit.

 "Next, you! Who are you?!" CommandantShadis said. 

I immediately stopped and turned in the direction of Commandant Shades. "Connie Springer, from Ragako Village in Wall Rose South District!" Connie exclaimed. So, his name is Connie? I looked straight but I noticed Connie's hand is on the left hand instead of the right.

Uh oh.

Commandant Shadis looked down to see the same thing. "You're doing it wrong, Connie Springer," Commandant Shadis said. He suddenly grabbed Connie and squeezed his head. "I explained that this salute demonstrates your resolve to devote your entire heart to the people. Is your heart on your right side?!" He yelled while holding Connie's head.

Poor Connie. 

I heard a sudden munching noise behind me. 'Is someone eating something?' I thought to myself. Commandant Shadis noticed someone and dropped Connie. "Hey, you there... what do you think you're doing?" Commandant Shadis said. No noise happened but then something munches again.

"YOU'RE OFFICIALLY ON MY SHIT LIST, JUST WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?" He yelled. It seemed like he was shouting in an angry tone. It looks like someone made him upset. "Sasha Blouse, from Dauper Village, Wall Rose South District, sir!" Sasha yelled. "Sasha Blouse, huh...? And what are you clutching in your right hand...?" He suddenly said in a soft tone.

"A steamed potato! The kitchen had a fresh batch begging to be eaten, sir!" Sasha said.

I slowly turned to see what was happening so Commandant Shadis couldn't see me. Sasha had a brown ponytail and she was sure holding a nice potato. "Did you steal it? Why? Out of all places, why choose to eat a potato now?"

"Letting it get cold wouldn't be a waste, so I decided I should eat it now,"  Sasha said.

"Well, I still don't understand why would you eat that potato?" Commandant Shadis said still in a confused look.

Sasha blinked owlishly of confusion and was also surprised. "Are you asking why people eat potatoes..?"

She sighed and took a little piece of potato. "Here sir, have half," Sasha said offering a potato for CommandantShadis. He seemed surprised and took the potato. " Have half?" Commandant Shadis said.

Just thinking about it, who knows what Commandant Shadis gonna do to Sasha, she seems like a fun type however no doubt about that.

=====================================