The Darkest Hour

Wall Rose Invasion Era

Narrator's POV:

The walls stood for a century. A bastion of peace and security. Gone was the terror of living at their mercy. Mankind had acclimated to living like cattle. The fight for humanity's survival began. 

Death reigned, claiming soldiers and civilians alike. The casualties were staggering. Staggering, too, was the hard-on knowledge that Titans were hiding among our own.

Five years after the first wall fell, they captured one of these treacherous creatures alive.

And yet, even as the smoke of battle cleared, the next threat was already close at hand.

After the interrogation, you hear bells ringing of a scout member coming back from the south. You've wondered what was it here for.

The sun was beginning to set as you walked next to Armin to report the update on Eren's condition while Mikasa kept watch. The wind blew everywhere, tousling Armin's hair, which was a pleasant feeling after what had just happened. But the recent mess that happened in Stohess had given citizens a scare of what's coming up next.

Regardless, you thought of the bright side, thinking you were finally gonna get some sleep:

"I can't wait to jump to a chair, bed, or table even if I have to. I just wanna go to sleep." You said stretching my back. "Since we even joined the Scout Regiment, we've barely got even a shut-eye." Armin chuckled.

Suddenly a shock came through your brain.

Armin was talking to you, and then you went quiet. After a while, he looks over and notices that you seem to be zoning out. He looks at you with a look of a little bit of worry and confusion. " Y/n, you okay?" Armin said.

You didn't speak for a good minute. Armin looked at you with worry in his eyes. The way his eyebrows contorted together, and his eyes flickered back and forth. He seemed completely concerned. This sense was slightly different than you would've known from the voice.

 This sense was slightly different than you would've known from the voice