Eavesdropping

The Clash of Titans era begins.

~~

Hours later back on the wall rose. The clouds were everywhere and the wind was getting stronger. As I got on the wall I helped Eren and Mikasa get on the wall by grabbing both of their hands. While every cadet was keeping a lookout.

Ymir was slowly moving up to the wall but looked so pale when I saw her... Then it was Connie's turn to get back up and Mikasa helped him up safely. " Thanks, Mikasa," Connie said... " It's fine, are you hurt?" Mikasa said. " I'm fine, but Reiner got his arm bit, and Ymir.. well as you can see.." Connie said as his sweat dropped.

" Wow... "  I said quietly. Then I look down to the ground and I see an upcoming person with the horse riding. " Is that... Hannes?" I said. " Looks like he is coming to tell us where the hole is... Right now we can worry about Ymir later. Connie, I'll escort you to the scout squad and look for the wall." Hanje ordered. " Got it!" Connie said.

After Hannes came up to the wall and told us the update on the hole. " There isn't any hole anywhere!" Hannes said. Everyone gasped while some were surprised. I grabbed Hannes's hand and grabbed him up. " What do you mean there's no hole in the wall?" Eren said, astonished. " It took all night looking for it and there's none in sight! Between Trost and Krolva District there's nothing there!"  Hannes said.

" We bumped into soldiers from Krolva and retraced our steps but even when we headed back here there weren't any Titans in sight!" Hannes explained. " That.. doesn't make sense at all.." I said. " How can there be titans but there's no hole? That's impossible!" I said.

Eren walked closer to Mr.Hannes and said, " Did you look, are you sure you're not drunk?" Eren said. " I'm not drunk Eren, I mean what I said! Wait, why are you all here!?" Hannes said, looking at the four of us. " Then so be it," Hange said. " We'll escort you back to Trost. Everyone pack your gear." Hange said. " On it!" Everyone said.

I was walking behind Mikasa, following the others too. How did it even happen? If there were Titans but no holes. Ugh, I don't understand-

Stop.

Huh?

The noise in my head was back again. What is it?

Listen.

Listen? Listen to what?

Then I felt like a strike on my body. Listen.. to the people behind me? I only turned a little to see there were Reiner and Bertholdt and Eren.

" Five years ago we demolished the wall and began our attack on humanity."

Wait. What?

That's.. that's not right. My ears might have made a mistake-

It's not a mistake.

It's not?!

" I'm the Armored Titan and Bertholdt's the Colossal Titan"

You're telling me that they're traitors..?

Affirmative.

As Mikasa turned to face me, her piercing gaze locked onto mine. I tried to hold her stare, but my expressionless face gave away the turmoil brewing inside me. Reiner's suspicious behavior had always nagged at me, but I never imagined it would lead to this.

The thought of Betholdt being a traitor made no sense - why would they say those words to Eren? My mind raced with questions, and I couldn't shake the feeling that something much bigger was at play.

"Our Primary Goal was to ensure all of humanity is wiped out. I know this is sudden but we need to go now."

Oh, not now. I didn't even get a chance to even sleep. But I'm a scout after all. " You're just tired, aren't you?" Eren said.

You must leave.

Me? But what about the others?

You must go.

Let me warn my friends at least!

Suddenly, everything became quiet. The clouds continued to move in the sky, but the wind grew stronger with each passing moment. I observed the red flag that stubbornly held its ground, despite the imminent threat of snapping. It seemed as though it would never return to its original position.

I knew Mikasa was listening too, but she give them a death stare. Then the others, Armin and Hanje, started turning too. Then, I turned. Reiner took off the wrap on his arm and showed his arm full of smoke.

Leave.

I.. won't.

" Hanje, Armin, everyone. Get out of here before you can." I said to them in a low tone. "What, Y/n what do you mean?" Sasha said. " What we talked about hours ago was confirmed right here before our very eyes," I said back.

I..I have to stop them!

If they transform here, they'll be burned to a crisp! But.. But! They're my comrades too, they've been with us since training!

" Reiner! Now?! Right here?!" Bertholdt blurted out.

Mikasa and I knew we had to do something. But Mikasa already went out while Reiner was about to grab Eren.  Bertholdt was about to help him but I came out behind him with speed. Bertholdt was caught off guard, and before he could react, the sword cut deep into his throat.

Bertholdt fell to the ground, struggling to breathe as blood poured from his wound. Despite the pain, he managed to reach up and grab my leg, pulling me to the ground. I grunted and used my blade to cut his arm off and he screamed in agony.

I got up quickly and aimed quickly at Betholdt's chest. But the look he gave was a widened stare. He had tears in his eyes and knew he didn't want to die like this.  Do I have what it takes to kill?

" Eren! Run! " Mikasa screamed out.

As soon as I was about to stab Bertholdt's chest, Reiner on the other side shoved me out, making me fall right off the wall. My quick mind thinking used the Iron Wire shot to the wall so I could stay balanced while standing on the wall.

Then I saw Mikasa shoot out to the sky. I quickly reached my hand and grabbed her as tight as I could. " Mikasa hold on!" I shouted.

Then I saw a yellow lightning strike on top of the wall. A flash of lightning streaked across the sky, illuminating the surrounding mountains and people in a blinding light. A thunderous roar echoed through the air, and the ground shook beneath my feet.

As the colossal titan and the armored titan released its lightning bolt, I felt a sudden gust of wind that blew the hair off my face. The heat from the bolt was intense, almost overwhelming me! I could feel the sweat on my skin begin to sizzle as the heat from the bolt radiated outward.