Apple

~ ⚔ ~

~ ~

You are 7 years old.

~ ~

It's been a while since I moved away from home, I was more comfortable with Mikasa, and I saw her as a sister

It's been a while since I moved away from home, I was more comfortable with Mikasa, and I saw her as a sister. Even though we are sisters by blood.

Her face was neutral about everything, except when she was with me. Ms. Ackerman is a really good cook. When I told her that I mostly ate bread because of low funds, she felt terrible. She offered to teach me about vegetables and farming since they have a farm.

And for Mr. Ackerman, knew if I would remember the trauma happened. He would always comfort me in doing so. Sometimes he would teach me how to hunt to grab some food whenever he was free.

But this time, Mikasa and I were watching the window to see Ms. Ackerman gradually watering the plants.

"Hey y/n." Mikasa said.

"Hm?" I responded.

"Wanna see mom do the crops?"

" Sure! I said.

She held my hand and we went outside seeing Ms. Ackerman holding a bag of seeds. "Oh, hello you two!" Ms. Ackerman welcomed. " Morning Mom!" Mikasa said in a happy tone. "I just got some new seeds from the new plants I have and I'm about to fertilize them, come watch." She said having her hand up.

We walk up to see Ms. Ackerman giving us a handful of seeds."What kind of seeds are these?" I asked. " Why these," She said holding the bag of seeds. " - are apple seeds!" She said.

" Apple seeds.."

"Look, see how lucky we are. There's a tree with apples!" she pointed out. 

I looked to see a beautiful tree with apples below. She let go of my hand knowing I was going to run, I smiled and ran away heading straight to the apple.

"Y/n? You got something in your face." Mikasa said concerned. I focused when I felt a wet tear on my face. She kneeled and wiped it off my face. "It's still on your mind, huh," Mikasa said. Ms. Ackerman walked up to me giving me a hug.

"It's okay.. do you... still want to do the apples?" Ms. Ackerman said.

"Yeah, how do you grow it?" I said looking up.

"Follow me!"

We walked to a land on the side of our home.

" First, we put a small hole in the ground. Then, cover it with soil."

After we did that, Mrs. Ackerman walked up and watered the soil. "Once they are watered, make sure it's moist, I'll do the planting, thank you!" Ms. Ackerman said. We both nodded.

As we watched her water the plants, I turned to Mikasa watching her, until I asked, "Hey Mikasa." I said. She turned to me, "Yeah?"

"Did you have any friends?" I asked her. "Yeah, I do," Mikasa said turning back to her mother.

I had a surprise look and smiled with eagerness, "Really? Who?"

"You." She said.

Feeling her smart tone, I made an annoyed look rolled my eyes, and turned back to Mr. Ackerman. She chuckled softly. Watching her smile, I smiled back and I laughed.

"... and that's how you grow an apple tree. Would you like any work, so you can know it by heart?" She turned to us. We all got quiet. "Well, I take that as a yes!" Ms. Ackerman jokingly said, but she was serious.

"Be a fear and clean the house while I plant these please." She told us, turning back to her basket. "We always have to work to keep the farm up. That's how father sells crops and meat to the village." Mikasa said to me.

 "How long do we have to do this?"  I asked her. "Until we have someone to do it for us?" She turned to me. "Hm, good point!" I grinned.

-------

You are now 8 1/2 years old.

Mikasa, Armin and Eren is 9 years old.