104

You are now 10 years old.

After being in Wall Rose, the refugees were ordered to go to the wastelands for several days to secure food, including young children. Unfortunately, the food shortage was unavoidable. In 846, the government decided to send many refugees to become soldiers immediately after retaking Wall Maria.

This meant that Mr. Arlert was also becoming a soldier. Before he left, he hugged you and patted your head with a grin. He then gave Armin his hat, and that was the last time you saw Mr. Arlert.

Over 250,000 were sent—20% of the population. Less than 200 survived. Their sacrifice alleviated the food shortage for the rest of us somewhat.

After learning about Mr. Arlert's death, both Armin and you mourned the loss of the person who used to look after you while your mother was busy.

"It's all the Titan's fault."

"If we could just subdue them, our home in the world could be back again," Eren said.

He walked over and sat next to us with a neutral but serious face. "Armin. I'm going to apply for the cadets next year." He spoke. You expected this because he wanted to go to the Scouts all this time. "I'm going to get stronger to fight the Titans!"

"Of course you will." You grinned. But someone thing bothered you too once he said:

"Me too."

You turned to see Armin agreeing to join the cadet corps. You'd knew Mikasa would be going with Eren no matter what. But you forgot that Armin said it himself that he wanted to see the sea. That would mean he had to go join the scouts. 

Which would mean... losing him. 

You smirked and said, "I might as well join the cadets too."

Eren turned to you and his eyebrow shifted up with confusion, "What do you mean? You're too young to join the cadet corps.." He said to you. "I'll just fake my age."

"I can't lose either of you. I've lost many people I loved, so as long as we stick together, we can accomplish anything, right?" You said to Eren and Armin.

"I'll go as well," Mikasa agreed. 

Eren turned quickly with a shocked and disbelieving expression. "You don't need it! Didn't you say to yourself that staying alive is what's important?" Eren yelled. 

"Exactly, which is why I'm doing it so you don't die," Mikasa said. 

Eren sighed with acceptance and stood up.

" All right. The four of us, then."

----------

THE 104TH CADET CORPS CLASS ENTRANCE CEREMONY WILL NOW BEGIN!