Chapter 25: Suspects

"It's so lively here," Midoriya said in awe, looking around the city.

"That's because it's the biggest city in Otheon," Todoroki noted.

Bakugo scoffed, not really caring about their surroundings or the conversation they were having. "I don't care if we're standing by or whatever, but why do I have to run errands?!"

"We're the lowest ranking on our team," Todoroki explained.

"Huh?!"

"The only reason we're on the World Heroes Team is because we're doing our work studies at Endeavor's Agency," Todoroki continued. "We're like freebies that were just thrown in."

"But since we're on the team, we need to give our all so we can protect everyone," Midoriya stated.

"Yeah but, I'm still kinda pissed that they aren't letting me patrol at night," Kaminari said.

"Well well well, looks like you're down to our level now Dunce Face," Bakugo said cheekily.

"I'm kinda surprised too, though I'm pretty sure Endeavor just wants you to use the time to rest instead of drain your energy by patrolling all night," Midoriya assured.

"I know, but we found that... Code: Taisho is roaming around with Humarise," Kaminari said, making sure to keep his voice low. "The only way they would be able to cooperate properly is to go out and hunt for other people so they don't harm the humans they work with."

"That's true, but even then, why would they get involved with Humarise and their goals?" Todoroki asked.

"The damn organization that's obsessed with a damn delusion, there's no reason for them to get involved," Bakugo said. "What the hell's with the "Quirk Doomsday Theory"? They're taking a cock-and-bull story with no basis in truth seriously."

Kaminari heard a commotion going on in a store nearby, and got ready to get a move on. "I hear a commotion, a robbery of some sort maybe?"

The four of them dropped their groceries and followed Kaminari to where he heard the robbery going on. Soon, there was an explosion not too far up ahead. 

"It's a jewelry thief! Catch him!"

The four of them started catching up with them fast, giving the two robbers no time to enjoy the taste of victory.

"Damn it, heroes! See you at the usual place!"

"I'm leaving the case to you!"

They both split up, one with a glitter bomb quirk going left and one with a cyclone-like quirk going right.

"Bakugo, we'll leave the glitter bomb quirk to you," Kaminari said.

"Yeah yeah, I'll show him what a real explosion is like!" Bakugo shouted out, going left as he was told.

"The rest of us will follow the other guy to the right!" Kaminari said.

"Got it!"

"Move! Move! I said move!" the thief shouted through the big city crowd.

As the thief barged through the crowd, people were thrown up into the air, scaring everyone around him.

"Blackwhip!" Midoriya used his black tentacles to catch all the civilians in the air and bring them back to the ground safely. "Todoroki! Kaminari! The thief!"

"Don't worry about it!" Kaminari shouted back.

"Leave it to us!" Todoroki responded.

They both went around the crowd and kept running after the thief that held the case full of jewelry.