Chapter 39: Expendable

"So... do you think Shinso would be able to get Kaminari to start talking?" Midoriya asked, looking toward the direction Shinso had gone when he exited Gym Gamma.

"Tch... I don't care, just as long as he's not stupid," Bakugo said, crossing his arms and looking away. 

"Knowing Kaminari and what he does, I'm guessing this whole Demon Slayer role is starting to get to him and he's just denying it," Midoriya said, looking over at Bakugo.

"And he's an idiot for doing that! He can't save anyone if he's done for!" Bakugo shouted out.

"I agree, but at the same time, who else can do what he does?" Midoriya asked.

Bakugo didn't have an answer for that, his expression went from pissed off to a little angry and a bit understanding of the situation. 

"What's with the quiet all of a sudden?" All Might asked, entering Gym Gamma from the entrance behind Midoriya. 

Midoriya and Bakugo turned toward the entrance, seeing All Might in a suit with a jacket over it. 

"Oh, hi All Might! I didn't think you were heading over here," Midoriya said.

"I decided to see if you, Young Kmainari, and Young Bakugo were training together," All Might told him, looking around. "But it looks like Young Kaminari decided to rest for today?"

"Well... not exactly..." Midoriya said, scratching the back of his neck.

"Hm? How so?" 

"He showed us something new and when we asked to explain it he got all defensive and pissed off so he left to go back to the dorms," Bakugo told All Might.

"He did huh?" All Might mumbled.

"Well, I think he went to the locker room first and then he was gonna head back to the dorms, but yeah that's pretty much the gist of it," Midoriya added.

"I see..."

"Do you... need him for anything? I can see if he'd come back if you want?" Midoriya offered. 

"No, give him time to cool down, he needs it after what happened recently," All Might said, forgetting and then assuming that Kaminari told them.

"Something happened recently?!" Midoriya asked.

"Duh! He wouldn't be acting this way if something didn't happen!" Bakugo yelled out.

"He didn't tell you?" All Might asked.

"All we know is that he planned to meet up with the rest of the Demon Slayer Corps last night, other than that he hasn't told us what happened," Midoriya explained.

"I see," All Might said, nodding his head in understanding what was going on. "I won't say anything more than what I've already said, it's his business and story to share and he'll talk when he feels ready to."

"I guess it's only fair," Midoriya said.

"WHAT IF IT'S SOMETHING THAT CAN GET HIM KILLED HUH?! WHY CAN'T WE KNOW?!" Bakugo shouted out.

"Kacchan, you do know him just going on patrols and hunting demons makes the chances of him dying already make it a lot higher," Midoriya commented.

"WHY DO YOU KEEP DEFENDING HIM DEKU?!" Bakugo shouted out.

"Well, what if it was a personal thing that he never told really anyone about?! We shouldn't really get involved unless he wants us to! Heck, we're lucky he told us about any of his secrets in the first place!" Midoriya answered.

"Whatever..."

"Ehem..." All Might interrupted, trying to change the topic. "Anyways, you wanna try working more on Blackwhip and try getting a feeling for how Float will work? That way it won't explode like Blackwhip did."