Chapter 34: Distraction... Sort Of

Aizawa and Kaminari were walking together in silence, neither of them saying a word to each other. Aizawa was observing Kaminari the whole time, noticing the signs that others might ignore (except for Midoriya, Bakugo, Todoroki, and Kirishima of course). He noticed Kaminari actually paying attention in class and has also been quieter and more to himself, which he would normally be glad about since he didn't like loud blondes, but considering the circumstances, something was up. 

Which lead to the conversation they were going to have with Principal Nezu.

"Why are you taking me to Principal Nezu's office?"

"Let's just say he's better at breaking bad news than I am," Aizawa replied.

Based on what Aizawa said, Kaminari knew what he was talking about, and he did NOT want to have that conversation. Not yet. Not until he found the demon that was responsible.

They soon arrived at Nezu's office, Aizawa knocked on the door to ask to come in.

"Come in."

Aizawa opened the door and both he and Kaminari walked in, seeing Nezu sitting in his desk chair with a bunch of papers scattered across his desk. Nezu motioned for Kaminari to sit, along with Aizawa in the two chairs in front of him. Once they did, Nezu looked through some of his papers, letting them sit in silence for a bit before he turned to the two of them and started to talk. 

"So... I have some... less than pleasant news for you Kaminari," Nezu started to say, pausing to see how Kaminari was holding up.

Kaminari had an unreadable expression, his face not showing any sign of emotion or interest in what Nezu had to say.

Nezu was confused about why Kaminari seemed as if he had no interest in the conversation, either way, he knew he had to continue. "So, it seems that one of your neighbors back in your hometown reported finding your parents... dead in their own home."

Kaminari nodded, understanding what Nezu said, even though that wasn't exactly correct. 

"They found your mother, but your father was nowhere to be found, the only thing that they found that could trace to him was his phone which was covered in blood. Because they don't have any leads on where your father could be, they decided to claim him as missing."

Kaminari just nodded again, not surprised that they stated that his father was missing, even though he knows that he wasn't just missing. Aizawa observed Kaminari the whole time, noticing Kaminari's minimum reactions to everything as if he was expecting everything in the conversations. 

"You seem to be taking this news well," Aizawa noted, trying to see if he could get some sort of reaction out of Kaminari.

"Who do you think was the one who reported my mom's body that late at night?" Kaminari asked, not bothering to hide any bitterness that was in his voice.

Both Aizawa and Nezu were taken aback by that response, granted they should've put the pieces together because what neighbor would report something like this at midnight? 

"You found your mother dead last night?" Nezu asked.

"Yep, that list you gave me last night, a good bit of the highest reports were in the Saitama Prefecture, all areas close to my home. I obviously got worried about my parents and checked on them and found my mom's body in the dining room and tried to call my dad and found his phone in the living room without him around. I don't want to have this conversation about how am I holding up, how did I report it without being seen, and all that so can we just move on?" Kaminari said, being so blunt that it made Aizawa question whether or not he was actually sad about his parents.