Chapter 56: Hospital Shenanigans

2 days later

Bakugo opened his eyes, which felt heavy as he hasn't been awake in days. He felt a breathing mask over his face as he began to try and sit up, which he took off as he felt a stabbing pain in his gut. He heard the door to his room close and looked over to see a few of his classmates ecstatic to see him awake. 

"AHH! HE'S AWAKE!" Mineta cried out, tearing up dramatically at seeing his classmate awake.

"SHADDUP! WHERE THE HELL AM I?!" Bakugo shouted at the four classmates.

"HORRAY! THAT'S THE SHORT-FUSED FREAK WE KNOW!" Hagakure cheered.

"DON'T JUST BRUSH ME OFF LIKE THAT!" Bakugo complained.

"We're in Central Hospital down in Tokyo, the best place for state-of-the-art, top-of-the-line medical care," Sato explained.

"BUT THANK GOODNESS, FOR REAL!" Sero started to shout with excitement for some reason. "WE HEARD YOU TOOK ONE NASTY BEATING! THAT YOU WERE LIKE, STABBED IN THE GUTS!"

"I'll tell the nurse he's up!" Sato said about to leave the room.

"What about Deku and Todoroki?" Bakugo suddenly asked, making Sato stop in his tracks. "And our teacher? Seniors? Endeavor?" He kept asking as he saw his classmates' faces drop as if they didn't want to tell him. "What's... going on?" He finally asked.

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Aizawa laid on a hospital bed with his right eye and the bottom half of his leg missing. Present Mic sat next to him in casual civilian clothes, a simple t-shirt and pants with his hair tied up in a bun. He looked at Aizawa, frustrated by the fact that in their group, he was the only one in his circle of friends that came out of the big war relatively unscathed. 

"Both you and Gran Torino would've been much worse off if you'd gotten attention any later," the doctor in the room told the duo. "You can thank Rock Lock and the others for making your lives top priority."

"Even Kayama..." Mic started to say. "Why...?"

"Enough Yamada," Aizawa said but without his usual strict tone. "I just want to know... how are the kids?" 

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Todoroki was awake in his hospital room, covered in bandages. Due to his throat being burned he wasn't able to speak, so the only way he could communicate with his classmates at the moment was through his facial expressions, which weren't very expressive to begin with. He heard all the people outside, which were shouting at the top of their lungs about the Todoroki's being treated there. 

"Don't let it get to you, dude," Kirishima told him.

"It'll be all right..." Ashido said while trying to hold back tears.

"We saw it, Todoroki... we know about the situation," Yaoyorozu told him while sid-hugging Ashido. "It'll be okay."

Todoroki kept thinking about what was happening, considering how it got to the point they were at with Dabi, now revealed as Toya Todoroki. "His flames are stronger than dad's," Todoroki thought. "I couldn't win with firepower alone. So strong... those flames... full of hate. And he's been watching us all this time. All to bring down dad, wrecking his own body along the way and not giving a damn whose lives get ruined in the process. He's basically... me. I was also burning with rage, up until that day. Dad can't do it, I have to be the one to handle my brother Toya."