Chapter 72: The UA Traitor

"Endeavor taught us that "build up" and "release" stuff, but I ain't settling for just one blast. I'm saving up beads of sweat for a barrage of booms all at once!" Bakugo explains during their training. "That's what powers my new Cluster upgrade and gives a big boost to every move I've got. It takes a while to heat up enough though."

"HENCE THE WINTER COSTUME!" Midoriya realized.

"Overheating drains me fast, so it's a choice I gotta make," Bakugo said, ignoring Midoriya's outburst.

"Todoroki is also trying something different," Midoriya noticed, turning to the side and seeing Todoroki overlapping all of his fingers together.

"Still figuring it out though," Todoroki said.

"I think I can control my left side just as well as my right now," Todoroki thought. "In order to achieve a body even Dabi can't burn."

"Right and left... my entire body, as one..." Todoroki said out loud to himself.

"They're saying this is gonna be all-out war or whatever, but aren't the top two bad guys kinda on the ropes now?" Sero questioned Mineta. "Plus, we got Gigantomachia tied down and snoozing, right? Can't we make quick work of those villains once we find 'em?"

"There are 4 reasons why that ain't the case," Bakugo said, interrupting the conversation.

"4 whole reasons?" Sero wondered.

"First- finding them is unlikely," Bakugo started out with. "Sure, the good guys found the Nomu Hangar, Shigaraki's hideout, and all those secret labs, but no one's ever tracked down the big bad himself, ever since he lost to All Might. Ol' nutsack face is the world champ at hide-and-seek."

"Reason 2, Shigaraki's body wasn't even complete last time," Yaoyorozu said, joining the conversation. "While this time, our own forces have thinned to half their former numbers."

"Yup," Bakugo agreed. "And third, they're the ones with the finger on this trigger. Even if he might've lost that Search quirk in the battle against the U.S. they still get to make the opening move. That's why our side's calling up every able body we got- sheer numbers will give us a chance."

"If nothing else, maybe we can steer them in order to influence their next moves, I'd better rejoin the search too," Midoriya said.

"Don't you mean we had better?" Iida said, giving Midoriya's head a karate chop to prove his point.

"Right, we," Midoriya corrected himself.

"And reason 4?" Mineta asked. "You said there were 4 reasons, but only listed 3, what's the fourth?"

"Isn't it obvious Grape Head?" Bakugo said. "Damn Demon King, only Dunce Face can take that bastard and his minions. Sure we got the Wisteria Poison he gave us, it can only kill low-level NPCs that get in our way, not the big area or main bosses that Dunce Face is targeting."

"The poison we have is running out too," Midoriya added. "Once our supply of Wisteria poison runs out, we're unable to make more to keep the lower demons off Kaminari's back, making us unable to deal with them again. Even if we don't run out before the fight, we can't take on the Uppermoons or Kibutsuji, so we need Kaminari in order to really win this fight."

"All the more reason to go back out and look for him," Ashido grumbled.

"I hear you Ashido, but right now we don't have any leads on where he could be," Iida said.

"We don't have any leads on the villains either, yet we're still looking for them," Ashido said.

"Well, they're actively planning on destroying everything in their path when they come out of hiding, not Dunce Face!" Bakugo countered.