eight

Rory arrived back at her dorm just after lunch on Saturday, the breakfast that she had at Luke's before returning had done wonders for her mood for the day. She walked into her room to find a note from Paris saying she had gone home to see Nanny for the weekend so Rory had the dorm to herself. There was a message on the answering machine and also a text icon on her cell. She checked the answering machine first.

"Hey Rory, it's me, Logan. Just calling to see if you were around for the weekend. Give me a call if you find yourself at a loose end and we could hang out."

Rory shook her head at the message, before checking her cell. The text was from a number she wasn't familiar with.

Hi Rory, it's Robert. I hope you had a good trip home, or are having a good trip if you are still home. If you do come home before the weekend is up, did you want to have that Lord of the Rings Marathon we mentioned?

Rory looked up from her cell, she actually did feel like just laying on the couch for the weekend, maybe it was worth inviting Robert to sit beside her. She definitely didn't feel like getting dressed up to go out.

Hey Robert, I've just arrived back at Yale. I'd love to have a movie marathon with you this weekend. My roommate is gone home for the weekend, if you want to come over here. Tonight or tomorrow night work for me. I know I was late responding, I didn't expect any texts so I wasn't checking my cell.

Rory set her cell down on her desk, and began to put away all her clean laundry, she had quite the mountain of it, including the few shirts that she had commandeered from her mother while she was at home. As she was finishing hanging the last pair of jeans her cell beeped. Rory flipped it open to see a new text.

Your dorm sounds perfect. Do you have the movies or do you need me to bring them? This evening works for me if it's not too short notice for you. I can bring Chinese food.

Rory smiled at the text, before quickly typing a response.

Chinese sounds perfect. I don't have the movies here, they are at my Mom's, so if you have them please bring them. Anytime this afternoon or evening works for me. I am going to grab a coffee now and then I will be in my dorm for the rest of the day.

Robert was quick to respond.

I will see you soon x.

Rory looked around her dorm room, thankfully it was clean as they had been gone all weekend so far. She looked over her clothes and decided that her jeans and shirt were fine. She just needed to touch up her make up a little. Quickly fixing her face, Rory then left her dorm to get her caffeine fix.

"Hey, come on in," Rory greeted Robert as she opened the door.

"Hi, I hope I'm not too early?" Robert replied, giving Rory a kiss on the cheek as he brushed past her on his way into the apartment. "I just figured with the length of the movies we might as well get a head start, if it's too early I can come back again later."

"Don't be silly, I told you I would be around for the rest of the day, I had no other plans," Rory said with a smile as she tried to reassure him.

"It was too early to bring chinese food, so is it okay if we just order some later? I brought snacks and drinks though," Robert said, holding up the bags he was carrying.

"That's fine, does anything need the fridge? Can I get you a drink?" Rory walked over towards the fridge to get them both something to drink, and show Robert where to set his bags down.

"I was just going to bring the snacks right to the couch, they are long movies, we might as well have the snacks easily accessible. Can I have a coke if you have one? I brought some pop as well as some beer if you want some later."