twenty eight

"So I got Grandfather to agree to me finishing up earlier than originally planned and having the last three weeks of summer before school free. Do you think that will be long enough?" Rory looked curiously at where her boyfriend was lying on the sectional in the apartment that he had in Manhattan for the summer.

"I think we can make that work, send me the dates and I will ask for the same ones. My father has already okayed the time provisionally, he knew it would be harder for you to get the time so he agreed to work around your schedule for me. He must like you." Robert replied, sticking his tongue out at his girlfriend mockingly.

"Yes, well the Hayden's must like you, we both know it's because I'm going with you that they approved my time off." Robert grinned at her, and pulled her down closer, giving her a kiss on the temple. "Don't look so smug, they just think you are the ticket to marrying me off into society." Rory laughed as her boyfriend paled at the thought.

"So, moving on," Robert started briskly. " Greece?"

"I'm happy with Greece, did you want to see where the boys are on those dates and we could maybe join them for a few days? I know you have been missing them, even if you will never admit it."

"I will email Colin, he is the most likely to actually answer me. I think they might be in the south of France at the moment."

"So where in Greece?" Rory asked, "Mykonos? Crete? Rhodes?"

"What do you think of Crete instead of Mykonos? It would be a little quieter, and it's bigger than Rhodes." Robert asked, watching her to make sure she was being honest, knowing her face would betray any uncertainty quicker than her voice.

"If we go to Crete can we go see the ruins in Knossos?" Rory asked sheepishly, mentally prepared to be mocked for asking to go see ruins on a student holiday.

"Of course we can. Did you think I would say no?"

"Well, maybe?"

Robert pulled her over so she landed on his lap with a squeak. "This will be your holiday too, of course we can do things you like. I'm not expecting us to go out partying every night, just lots of sex," he said tickling her as she squirmed and giggled, trying to get away from him.

"Wow, this place is amazing," Rory exclaimed, as she stood on the upper deck at their villa. She was looking down at their private pool, with the open sea just meters away. Robert walked out behind her pulling her back against his chest.

"Yep, it looks even better in person than it did in the brochure. Maybe we should get room service and check out the hot tub tonight instead of dressing for supper?" Robert asked, waggling his eyebrows at Rory.

"Okay, just for tonight. But we will be leaving this room, we didn't stay at such a nice resort to only eat room service."

"Speak for yourself. I chose the resort based entirely on how good the room service menu was!" Robert stated seriously.

They spent the first week of their vacation relaxing, and mainly staying around the resort, they did a scuba diving course and explored the local coves. One of the days Robert arranged for them to hire a yacht and they sailed to Dia, an uninhabited island just off the coast, and they spent the day there with a picnic, exploring the landscape. He played a round of golf one morning at the resort's course simply so he could taunt his father about it when he got home. Robert made sure to take her to Knossos for the day, trailing behind her as she walked around the labyrinth of ruins, listening while actually being interested in what she was saying about them, not just pretending for simplicity's sake. Rory also dragged him to Heraklion for a day and they wandered around the shops, enjoying the differences between the states and Greece.