twenty three

Rory woke up and rolled over with a groan, her tongue felt like sandpaper in her mouth. She had no recollection of going to bed, or really any of the afternoon. She slowly opened her eyes, whining as the light infiltrated her eyelids, making her aware of her headache. Rory slowly made her way to the bathroom, and after relieving herself she stood at the sink washing her hands, she looked in the mirror and groaned. What had she been thinking the day before, well at least she thought it was the day before. Rory splashed her face with cold water hoping that it would help clear the fog that had taken over her brain.

Rory made her way out into the living room, she could smell coffee and could only hope that Paris had made a full pot and not just gotten herself a mug.

"Morning Sunshine, how's the head?" Paris shouted across the room, laughing at the sight of her usually poised roommate. "There is fresh coffee, and I even got you a taco, you can tell me how much you love me later. I have class in ten minutes."

"Thank you Paris, I assume you put me to bed?" Rory said as she moved to the kitchen to pour herself some of the coffee.

"Yes, yes I did. I don't want to do it again, so don't make a habit of it. Your Mom called, and so did Robert. You probably have some texts on your cell as well. It's on the coffee table. I have to go or I'll be late. I'll see you later. " Paris finished, walking out the door and closing it with a loud slam, causing Rory to wince in pain.

Rory reached for the advill, and quickly swallowed two pills with her coffee, before moving into the living room with her taco and her coffee. Rory glanced around, seeing the room was tidy she assumed that Paris must have tidied up once she was asleep, she really was going to have to thank her properly she thought as she ate her taco.

Once she finished eating and started to feel more alive, she reached for her cell, seeing that there were multiple messages on there.

Mom: Hey kid, Paris said that you are indisposed? Does that mean you are drunk? Or are you and Robert busy getting busy? Give me a call when you get this. X

Robert: Hey, I thought we were going to hang out tonight? I know we didn't have firm plans but you usually come over on Thursdays. Call me xx

Rory?

Rory? Did I do something? Paris said you were indisposed and she sounded angrier than normal on the phone. I'm worried about you. Call me x

Good night, hopefully I will catch you tomorrow before you go to Hartford, otherwise, I'll see you Saturday? Xx

Rory groaned again, she had forgotten it was a Friday and that she would be expected at her Grandparents house. She had already decided classes were a write off for the day, she didn't normally miss classes so hopefully one day wouldn't really make a difference.

Rory thought about what she had heard yesterday, she vaguely remembered Paris breaking it down for her in a way that made sense, she just wished her brain wasn't quite so foggy so she could remember it.

Mom, I was drunk and probably asleep by the time you called, Paris put me to bed. Give me a call when you are free this morning.

Now that her Mom was taken care of for a minute Rory figured she better be a grown up and text Robert.

Hey, sorry about yesterday, something came up and I didn't have my phone with me. Well that's not technically a lie, Rory thought as she typed a message to Robert. If you are around today could you call in and see me? I can't remember your schedule for Fridays. X