Under the influence of the full moon

Sitting by a pool fast asleep Zane lays sleeping in his beach chair as he dreams about the time he was drowning in the boat and the 3 of us rescued him but he doesn't know we rescued him and we'd like to keep it that way. But Zane was not going to let this go at all and he was probably already very on to us. It was only a matter of time before he learned our secret. I feel he probably gets a little closer every time he brings it up I just wish he'd stay away from Mako. He tossed and turned seeing flashes of our tails swim by until he awoke gasping for breath.

And Miriam was right next to him sipping on a drink in her bikini asking him if it was about the "fish thing" again as she put it and he turned to her like he was surprised to see her there. What? He asked her. You know that nightmare with the slimy scales and the big teeth not that any of that was true because we didn't have either of those features on any one of us. It wasn't a fish ok? Ok she agreed settling back in against her beach chair. He got up and told her not to be there when his dad got back.

Meanwhile at home (outfit 42) we were looking at a dial that could tell us when the next full moon was going to be. And it said there would be one tonight. You know Emma Jordan and I could've told you that. I know but I wanted to it this way. Also how? Hello we've been mermaids for the last 8 years I said quiet enough no one heard us except us. But we were still not thrilled it was a full moon once again. I wonder what trouble will happen this time? Hopefully none at all Cleo groaned. But that was very unlikely given our past 2 full moons already.

All we could hope for was that nothing too bad would happen. First time together stuck as mermaids the second time Cleo had a siren voice. This is making me nervous. Cleo admitted. You'll be fine you two just have to learn to control yourselves a little better Rikki told them which was not helpful advice once so ever but nothing had happened to her during the full moon so that part was a tad strange. You're not immune to it Rikki! Emma told her. Just like Farrah and Jordan aren't either and they've been doing this for 8 years. They've been affected by it both times now. Not that we had anyone to help us during those times.

I'm pretty sure I can resist the big bad moon she told us and Emma said she was sure we could all do that together but she'd rather be prepared that's all. Prepared? Rikki asked her. Do I smell another Emma plan coming? I teased her. All we have to do is avoid the moonlight and water. Jordan shrugged agreeing with me. See they get it Rikki gestured to us in agreement as if it were that easy. Still Emma decided she would feel better if Cleo and I tracked down Miss Chatham that she seems to know how to deal with a bunch of this full moon stuff. Emma said and then the doorbell rang.

And we were surprised to see that it was Zane as he came into the house. He asked if our dad was home because he needed a word. He said he was the only one he could ask told him he knew the waters like the back of his hand. He told Zane that the only people that knew the waters better than him were myself and Jordan. But he agreed this was very true. So, this happened when the boat went down? Something saved me something weird. Zane admitted. But dad told him that sometimes when we went through stressful situations sometimes it messes us up a bit in the head.

Zane pointed at a piece of paper in his hand said it was real and big and that there had been 3 of them. Dad thought he meant like a dolphin but that's not what this was and he showed dad the picture of what he saw that he drew. He said the skin was orange and shimmery. Said they were strong and powerful yet elegant. So did you touch it? No, but if I had it would've been touch but also soft. And smooth and strong and really really strong. He went on. Dad said he was without oxygen for a few mins I didn't think dad was going to be very helpful. Thought he could've easily been seeing things. But Zane knew he wasn't crazy. He just had to prove it somehow.

Dad said without proof and then Zane cut him off saying that dad didn't believe him. Ok I'll prove it to you. He decided and he was that much more determined to do so as he took his paper with him. But he'd have to borrow some equipment first. Zane got into a little boat and had recruited Nate to join him. You took your time he scolded him. Yeah good to see you too he said as he got into the boat with all his stuff to help him out. At Emma's house we set up for the sleepover and no one else was home because her mom and dad took Eliot camping. And how did you convince them to leave you alone? Rikki asked her. Emma told her that they trusted her. But when she asked us about Miss Chatham Cleo said we couldn't find her.