ᴍɪᴛꜱᴜʏᴀ ᴛᴀᴋᴀꜱʜɪ

GLIMPSE OF US

GLIMPSE OF US

💙

a song fic
in which
mitsuya tries to
find Y/n in Yuzuha's
touch.
- Mitsuya x reader

-Major manga spoiler !! (character death)

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

🎶 She'd take the world off my shoulders
if it was ever hard to Move 🎶

Yuzuha Shiba could be seen as the perfect woman in the eyes of many, friends and family alike. She was kind, strong and considerate. Not to mention easy to talk to and fun to be around. There's beauty in being a good listener, someone who seeks to make connections and sees things from new perspectives. She had safe eyes, perhaps that was the best way to say it. Her eyes always seemed to calm Mitsuya down and put him at ease when he was stressed.

A truly beautiful person, inside and out.

🎶She'd turn the rain to a rainbow
when i was living in the Blue🎶

Yuzuha was there to comfort Mitsuya through the hardships of Draken's death. He shut himself off and devoted himself to designing to the extent where he often forgot to eat or sleep. Even though Yuzuha couldn't do much but be there for him as company, he acknowledged her efforts. She was trying her best.

And that's all that mattered to him.

🎶Why then, if she's so perfect
do i still wish that it was You?🎶

In spite of how 'perfect' said girl was, Mitsuya always found himself thinking of Y/n Shiba, who was older than Yuzuha by a year.
In the younger sister's words, looks, touch, eyes, everything, the older sister was the woman on his mind day in and day out. He remembered every single intricate detail about her even though it has been two years since she was declared missing.

🎶Perfect don't mean that it's working
so what can i Do? 🎶

Yuzuha knew she was just a stand-in for Y/n in Mitsuya's life but even so, she loved him nonetheless so she opted to push back that thought. She has had feelings for Mitsuya even before he and her sister started dating but it was as clear as day who the lilac haired male had feelings for.

Now do not misinterpret the boy's opinion on Yuzuha. He thinks she's a wonderful woman but he had recently discovered why exactly he accepted Yuzuha's feelings for him. It was for the reason that she resembled Y/n so much. It was how he coped with things but now, he's aware what he did was wrong and wants to break up with Yuzuha for her own good but doesn't want to hurt her feelings.

He had no idea what to do.

When you're out of sight in my Mind..

🎶'Cause sometimes i look in her eyes
and that's where i find a glimpse of Us🎶

He used to feel immense happiness when Yuzuha would look him in the eye and reassure him that everything would be alright, but now he feels absolutely nothing in view of the fact that he has freed himself from the sickening illusion that Yuzuha was Y/n.

It was the eyes. They had the same light brown eyes. It captivated him every time. Light brown eyes are always so many subtle hues and he was lucky to have seen them all in the eyes of the one he truly loved. He would give anything just to see them again.

🎶And i try to fall for her touch
but i'm thinking of the way it Was🎶

Combined with the gentleness of her features and supple skin, Y/n could soothe anyone with her hugs. It was a skill that came to be more treasured than any other. In those brutal times there was nothing anyone could want more than to be with a natural born nurturing soul. Mitsuya tried to find all this in Yuzuha's embrace but he came to realise that no one was or ever will be better than the h/c haired woman. Why did things have to change? Why did Draken have to die and why did the love of his life have to go missing. They say things change for the better, but what part of his circumstances were 'better?'.

Man, he hated change.

🎶 Said, "i'm fine" and said, "i moved On" 🎶

Yuzuha would often ask Mitsuya if he was doing alright. After all, it isn't easy to recover from the loss of two important figures in your life. He doesn't want to worry her so it was always "i'm fine" or "i'm holding up okay don't worry", even though there was no truth behind those words. He was slowly dying inside and he didn't know how much longer he could take any of this. He just wanted his precious Y/n back in his life. He knew he could never, ever forget about her or move on from her. It just wasn't possible. She'd played such a huge role in his life that if he ever tried to do so, he would only crumble.

🎶 I'm only here passing time in her arms
hoping i'll find a glimpse of Us 🎶

So for now, he'd let Yuzuha take care of him, love him. And be patient till he finds Y/n again. He was positive that he would see her again, he could feel it. He didn't know where or how long he'd have to wait but he knew it'd be worth the wait once he lays his eyes upon her again.

So for now, he'd let Yuzuha hold him while he reminisced of Y/n. Hoping to find a glimpse of him and his lover.

A/N: my first time writing a song fic and yes I did change the actual story behind the song to fit my storyline 😃

Make sure to vote and have a great day/ peaceful night

Author out

Word count: 980 words
Date: 30/6/22
          (D/M/Y)