Chapter Twenty-Four

GLORIA'S POV

Coming back to reality and my life before the whole Michael thing is harder than expected. Saying goodbye to Jake is harder than expected. The silence in my apartment was heavy. I have found everything just as it was when I left in a hurry. I felt out of place in this mess. I tidied up everything but it didn't help one bit. I went out and met a good friend of mine. After she spent minutes yelling at me for leaving like that, I was able to let her know everything :

" I knew there was a boy in your life ! But I was not expecting the missing girl trope I have to admit ! Gloria, what the fuck ? Your dad ? A hot hacker ? An incestuous sister ? Oh my god ! Listen when you told me your life with your ex was boring and you needed more, I told you to go for it and live to the fullest but that's not exactly what I meant ! " Grace exclaims loudly in the middle of the coffee shop

" Ok chill ! "

" Chill ? You fucking chill, getting into a fucking mine to get fucking murdered by your fucking father ! " People turn around to look at our table and show their annoyance " Gloria !! You didn't even warn me, you told me you were leaving town without giving any further explanations ! Then radio silence for days ! I am going to kill you myself ! " Grace calms down letting a big sigh out and sipping some of her, now, cold coffee.

" I'm sorry, it was a lot happening and it wasn't safe to tell you at the time. I had to think fast and I didn't make the best decisions. It was chaotic... I... " It's my turn to sigh " I'm sorry ! " I say with all my honesty. I grab Grace's hands " Now you know everything, I won't leave behind anymore, I promise ! " Her angry pout lasts a few more seconds before fading away.

" Your puppy dog eyes always work on me... Also, I want to know more about that Jake ! "

" He is perfect, Grace ! He is the one ! " We both start squealing and again everybody looks at us. I tell her everything that has happened between us, letting myself get into details. Every word said about him makes me fall in love even more.

" Ok and his sister, you are sure she wants to bang her own brother ? Because hot or not, and half related or not, it's fucking disgusting ! But it's a porn category that a lot of people enjoy though so maybe that's her thing after all ! " Grace says wrapping a strand of her blond hair around her finger. I raise an eyebrow at her " Well you know what I mean " She shrugs

" I am sure yes ! Or maybe I'm just stupid I don't even know at this point ! " I lift my hands in the air.

" Well that bitch better stay at her place or I will kidnap her to let her understand that ! " I chuckle and almost choke on my drink.

I go home after spending hours with Grace and I feel better. I guess I needed to talk freely with someone and she was the best for that. It's been years since we first became friends. Letting her on the sidelines during that whole story with Hannah was difficult but I didn't have another choice.

I am supposed to call Jake but Cleo sends a message right when I was about to press his number. Cleo has noticed too about Hannah apparently and on one side I am glad I was not making things up but on the other side, it means Hannah is truly a problem. I would prefer being crazy if I had to choose. It is ridiculous to doubt Jake but he had a bond with Hannah before me. She was there before me, sister or not... If Hannah didn't forget her feelings, maybe he didn't too. Now that I am away, maybe he will notice them. But shit, they are related ! I take a few seconds to scream into my pillow and then call Jake, acting normal. He is weird when he answers the phone. For a moment, my blood runs cold. Did he read along ? He said he wouldn't do that but he watched my video call with Dan when he was not supposed to. He doesn't mention anything and I don't either. It would be bad for him to learn how I feel about Hannah this way.