Chapter Fourty-One

GLORIA'S POV

Of course, it was impossible for me to stay mad at him for one more second. What Jake said to me in his texts, all the time he was there by my side, all the time his heart was out in the open, vulnerable, in front of me and just for me. All of that was more important than a lie. A big lie, a betrayal. But what can I do ? I can try my hardest, but I will still not be strong enough to stop my feeling for him.

Jake joined me in my hotel room. We sat on the carpeted floor, close to each other despite the huge space in the room, we needed to be in contact, him and I. I needed to feel him right there. And he needed to make sure I will not go away from him. Dropping the food from the bag in front of us, he told me about his night with the boys, giving me an expose on Phil that lasted for long minutes for him to conclude that he was too drunk to determine if he was ok with this guy or not. I listened, picking up food and laughing at his serious expression on such a futile subject. After some time, he saw me dozing more and more so he carried me into bed, laying with me, holding me close, whispering how much he loved me. Under those sweet words, I fell asleep.

Days passed, and Jessy started to feel better. Cleo and I stayed with her and took care of her as she was slowly coming back to herself, finding her footsteps into the world again. We stood by her side and guided her. I stayed at her place and we spent many nights talking :

" I had never touched drugs before. I don't know why at that moment it was so appealing to me. Like all of a sudden, it was what I needed. It was stupid of me. I thought that maybe it could fix my brain " Jessy shrugged.

It was a long recovery, for everyone. But slowly, pieces of the big puzzle that were our lives started to get back into the right places and it all made sense again.

Thomas and Hannah were back together. Her eyes on Jake were finally looking like the one of a sister and not a lover. While I was staying with Jessy, Lilly and Jake spent a lot of time together and she was delighted, taking many pictures and sending them to me all day. My heart was melting. Jake was not too comfortable at first, with Lilly. Not sure how to act, not sure how to be a good brother, but it came naturally to him. He was finding his family again. The Donfort girls agreed with their brother to keep the secret concerning their dad. Jake was ok with that and it was probably because of the father figure Alan was now to him.

Dan and Grace went on multiple dates and ended up together. Dan got himself back on track and then messaged her. It was amusing to see him smile like an idiot at his phone and giggle like a teenager :

" I was exactly like him every time we texted, you and I. " I told Jake as we watched him with a fond smile.

Richy opened up. I came with him to his first therapy appointment and did it again for the next few sessions, staying in the waiting room, and then we would always go for ice cream as a reward :

" Should I ask her on a date ? If she says no, I'm gonna need to double my therapy appointments ! "

" Jessy has the biggest crush on you, it has been clear since I joined the group, Richy ! "

" Was it ? "

" Yes, I thought you were together at first ! I was surprised when she told me she had a date with Dan as it was painfully obvious she was more interested in you "

He sighed, looking in front of him, zoning out as he licked his ice cream with passion :

" I'll ask her then ! "

Jessy and Richy started dating not long after that.