[7] Movie Night

I wake up to a text from Marcus saying the guys are hosting a rainy day movie day for us, and I pull myself out of bed. I get dressed, ripped mom jeans and a chunky brown sweater. We drive over, and the guys have snacks prepared and blankets galore. It starts torrential downpouring once we get there, and everybody knows nobody is going anywhere.

"What movie first?" Jasper asks. The group is silent. I'm doing this for Marcus, I have to remind myself.

"Well, what does everybody like?" Felix asks, trying to get the ball rolling.

"For a rainy day like this, a mystery movie seems like the vibe," Marcus chimes in.

"I love mysteries!" Felix exclaims.

"What about a heist movie?" Grayson suggests. Now we're talking.

"Ocean's 8."

"Ocean's 11." Liam and I speak at the same time. "No way you like that one?!"

"You don't? Listen, I'm all for the classics, but the execution of Ocean's 8 was so good for a more modern heist movie."

"Sure, the women are hot, but it's such forced female empowerment."

"You're literally a man, why are you talking about forced female empowerment? I wanted to be a con woman after that."

"It's a mid movie."

"I agree with Iris," Jasper says. "Ocean's 8 was fire. I think we should watch that one." Liam rolls his eyes as more people agree with me, and we pull it up.

"Can we watch Spiderman after this?" Violet asks.

"Now that I can get behind," Archer smiles. "Which actor?"

"Tobey Maguire."

"Andrew Garfield." Liam and I speak again. "Of course you would like the Tobey Maguire movies," I sneer.

"They're the classics!"

"That doesn't mean they're the good ones," Archer snorts.

"No no, Liam has a point," Violet interjects, "William Dafoe? It's a good cast and they are the originals."

"Yeah but the Andrew Garfield ones-"

"Have a hot Spiderman and Gwen. The plot is average and Electro is embarrassing." Violet and I have this debate constantly, and now we're roping the guys into it.

"That's fair," I agree. "I prefer the first Amazing Spider Man, I think the entire second movie is a dumpster fire but the acting for Gwen's death seals in the pain factor for me."

"Why are we not discussing Tom Holland's Spider Man right now?" Grayson asks. Felix and Marcus have not joined the conversation, and are sitting on the edge of the couch together talking about mystery movies.

"It's a different style! He's the high school Spider Man, he's with the Avengers, Tobey and Andrew aren't," I say, my real knowledge coming out.

"Yeah but acting wise, Tom puts on the best performance," Liam adds.

"Oh for sure, and I enjoy the plot, especially since it is different from the last two, I think it speaks to the time it was made," I continue. "The cast? Pretty good."

"I mean, Tom Holland and Zendaya, can't really go wrong with that," Violet adds. We all nod, and start playing Ocean's 8, still not decided on what Spider Man movie to watch. During the movie, I get a craving for chips, and walk into the kitchen to grab them. Felix said he put them on the counter, but I don't see them.

"Need something?" Liam is standing in the doorway as I snoop around the kitchen.

"Chips."

"Already on the coffee table."

"Fuck, how did I miss them?"

"Your eyesight must be ass, like that one time you accidentally spilled my coffee on campus."

"You're right, maybe I should get glasses."

"Maybe you should." I walk past Liam to see the bowl of chips on the coffee table. While I'm up, I survey the couch. Felix and Marcus are cuddling, but I see Marcus asleep on Felix's shoulder. Lilly is asleep on Violet's shoulder, and the rest of the guys are watching the movie intently. I take my spot next to a sleeping Lilly and grab a handful of chips. As the movie is ending, I see everybody but Archer and I are asleep.

"We're the elite ones," he says, fist bumping me across Violet and Lilly.