[16] Waterpark Sleepovers

Iris

After the basketball camp, I decide to call it quits and head home. I have another test in a few days and need to study. Walking into the house with Lilly and Violet, I feel my feet get wet and sloshing. I look down, there is water everywhere.

"No way." Lilly looks around.

"Our house fucking flooded?!" Violet yells. We call Marcus, tell him the house is flooding and to grab any essentials now, and I hear him on the other end telling the guys.

"Jasper just offered for us to stay at their house until it gets fixed."

"No way in hell. If you think I am staying there with-"

"It's free," Violet comments. I work my ass off to pay for rent, and an opportunity to stay somewhere for free would be stupid not to accept, even if Liam is there.

"Fine," I groan, grabbing my essentials. We drive back to the guys' house, and they're all frantically cleaning.

"Room assignments!" Jasper says, saluting.

"Grayson's room is ocupado, Connor is in town for the week," Archer says. "Jasper and I can room together," he suggests, and Jasper nods.

"Marcus and I can stay together," Felix suggests, which earns a blush from Marcus.

"That means there's an empty room, I take it, the lesbian and the one with the boyfriend should stay there?" Jasper says.

"You'd be right," Lilly smiles, linking arms with Violet.

"Which leaves... Iris," Liam says through gritted teeth.

"I will take the couch," I declare, praying no one suggests what I think they're thinking.

"Orrr," Archer smiles mischievously, "You could stay with Liam." Liam chokes on air, and I scoff.

"I think I'd rather sleep on Earth's core. I'll take the couch."

"I agree," Liam adds. I set up a bed on the couch, but god damn, that couch is uncomfortable as fuck. As I try to settle in and fall asleep that night, I feel someone looming over me. "Take defeat today. You know just as well as I do that isn't comfortable."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Just come upstairs, my bed is comfier than this couch. I'll sleep on the couch."

"No, that's your bed, I'll stay here."

"Your house just flooded, I think you'd like a nice place to sleep for your first night away." A stranger's bed? I don't do that, I'll take an uncomfortable couch.

"Trying to get me in bed so soon, pretty boy?" I rest on my elbows on the couch, a smirk on my face.

"Oh please you know I'd rather gouge my eyes out."

"Well you're being pretty insistent."

"Stay on the couch for all I care, I'm just trying to be a good host."

"Sure pretty boy." Liam walks away, and I spend the night tossing and turning. The next morning, I wake up to commotion. Of course sleeping in the living room means I'm awake whenever someone leaves their room, however Lilly and Violet are the ones I see.

"I'm trying to find their coffee," Lilly whispers.

"Top shelf," Liam walks in, his shirt loose fitting and all messed up, revealing his collarbone, and a pair of sweatpants. Is every part of his body so chiseled, even his fucking collarbone? He has horrible morning hair, but he seems pretty chipper. "Sleep well Iris?"

"My neck's a little sore, but that's the territory that comes with a couch."

"It sure is. My neck isn't sore, but I guess that's the territory that comes with a bed."

"You're such an ass."

"This one's on you." I get up, push him out of my way, and join the girls in the kitchen for some coffee.

It's been a few days, my neck is getting worse, and living with Liam is getting worse and worse. I decide to go to Violet and Lilly's room to complain, walking past the bathroom. As I pass the bathroom door, it opens, and Liam exits. He has a towel tied around his waist, he's completely shirtless and soaking wet. We both stop and stand there, where my eyes drop to the top of his towel, sagging low revealing his V-line. It feels impossible to pull my eyes away, considering as they travel up to his face, I see a six-pack dripping with water.

"Excuse me," he says, placing his right hand on my right shoulder before moving me to the side and opening the door to his room. "No words? No rude remarks? Does my body really do that to you?" Before I can respond, he closes the door and he's gone from the hallway. I feel dazed, I don't fully know what just happened. I walk into Violet and Lilly's room, still slightly out of it.

"Why do you look like that?" Violet smirks.

"Liam just left the bathroom after a shower," is all I can say. "And then he asked me if his body turns me on."

"Oh my god!" Lilly shrieks. "I can't believe you won't fuck him!"

"Hell no! He's probably some narcissistic guy that doesn't care about the woman during sex, doesn't he give off that vibe? He does to me." If that body was attached to anyone else, I would jump on that. But it's Liam. He and I aren't even friends, so why would we fuck? If we did, it would make everything more complicated. With Lix and Marcus dating now, we can't afford to split the group up. As long as Marcus is happy, I'm happy.