[52] Meet the Parents

Liam

"Hey hey hey!" Jasper cheers as Lilly, Thomas, Iris, Sarah, and Violet walk into the house. "Welcome to the most epic movie night you've ever had!"

"Hi Jasper," Violet rolls her eyes, while he wraps Iris in a hug.

"My turn," I smile, tugging Iris out of Jasper's ridiculously tight hug and into my arms. "Hi."

Iris looks up at me, smiling. Her hair is pulled into a ponytail, and she's wearing my hoodie. She extends onto her tiptoes and kisses me. "Hi."

"Ew!" Archer yells, witnessing the two of us kiss. "Cooties!"

"Grow up," Grayson rolls his eyes. Everyone starts to settle onto the living room couch, Iris sliding next to me until she's almost on top of me. Since Jasper and Archer are the only single guys, they cuddle up while we all cram on the couch. Such a bromance. 

"What movie tonight?" Iris asks.

"Ocean's 8," Grayson answers.

Iris raises her eyebrow, looking at me. "Haven't we already watched that one?"

"Well," Jasper rolls his eyes. "Some people weren't paying attention, and that movie needs all the appreciation and focus from its viewers so we're rewatching it.

"You'll hear no complaints from me," Iris put her hands up defensively. "Liam on the other hand..."

"I'll suck it up," I say, giving Iris an annoyed look, to which she sticks her tongue out at. While almost everyone falls asleep during the movie, Iris and I stay awake, me drawing mindless circles on her thigh as we watch the movie.

"My family is coming to visit soon. Like, next week." She says to me as we watch the movie.

"We should have Jacob and Kai meet."

"Oh that would be a disaster," Iris laughs. After another beat she adds, "I'm so down." I press a kiss to the top of her head. "Hey, why don't our parents meet too?"

"Wow, moving really fast there." She looks up at me, giving me an annoyed look and I laugh. "Sounds like a great idea sweetheart. It would be nice for my parents to meet the parents of my future wife."

"Damn fucking right," she says, and we both laugh.

-

"Hi!" Tiffany wraps me in a hug at the airport.

"Liam!" Jacob cheers, running up to me.

"Hey dude!" I smile, scoping him up into a bear hug. He laughs as I pretend to wrestle with him, and I notice Iris pinching the bridge of her nose. I give her a shrug and she just turns around to Aster and Alex.

"Hi Aster," I smile, walking over while smoothing my shirt.

"Liam," she nods in acknowledgement, until I feel a hand clasp me on the shoulder.

"How are you, my boy?" I turn to see Greg looking at me with a big smile. My boy. I've never heard that before. My heart warms.

"I'm great Mr. Cara, how are you?"

"Please, call me Greg, we're family after all." My heart jumps. Family. "Looking forward to meeting your folks later," he says as we walk out of the airport.

"They're very excited! Especially to host. We don't tend to have people over, so my mom is excited to show off her cooking."

"Is it good?" Tiffany asks.

"Now I may be biased, but I think she's the best cook in the world," I laugh, before seeing Iris giving me an annoyed look. "Aside from Iris, of course," I say as I wrap my arm around her waist.