[14] Happy Endings

Iris

The guys invited us over for another movie night, since it's a good bonding experience for everyone, and an excuse for Marcus and Felix to cuddle and hang out. I suck it up and decide to go, and besides, I'm becoming pretty good friends with Archer and Grayson, so I don't mind going over there as much. After about 20 minutes of movie watching, Felix and Marcus disappear to outside, and we all watch from the window anxiously as they share a romantic first kiss in the rain.

Violet holds her fist out to me and we fist pump. "I think our job is done here," she comments.

"Yup. Bye fuckers!" I smile, waving to the guys.

"But we were just starting to tolerate you!" Archer jokes.

"Very funny," I laugh flipping him off. Felix and Marcus reenter the house, and we all do a really shitty job trying to look like we weren't watching. They cuddle for the rest of the movie, and I'm happy for them, really. I remember when I used to do that with Megan, and grow a bit sad. After the first movie Lilly, Violet, and I head out. I have a big test tomorrow and we promised the guys we'd go to their basketball game tonight. Marcus comes home about 20 minutes later, greeted with cheering and screaming from the three of us.

"It was so romantic," he swoons on the couch.

"Yeah... we saw the whole thing," Lilly giggles.

"I'm so happy for you Marcus," I smile, rubbing his arm supportively.

"So, are you guys official?" Violet asks.

"Yeah, after you guys left we went into his room and talked about everything and we officially started dating."

"Yay!" Violet cheers, and Lilly wraps Marcus in a hug.

"This does mean we'll be seeing a lot more of that group... Sorry Iris."

"Don't worry about me, I can tolerate Liam as long as you're happy," I smile, kissing Marcus' forehead. "But if you AREN'T happy, I will run Felix AND Liam into the ground so fucking quick." Everybody laughs, I may be the most protective friend of the group when it comes to relationships. I want to protect them not like how no one protected me in my relationship. I'm not mad at anybody for not helping, it was a tough situation. I was so infatuated with my ex, Megan, and it was hard for anyone to reason with me, even if they did see what she was doing to me. Lilly tried to talk to me about it a lot senior year and I'd usually just yell at her and we'd fight. I regret it now, getting roped into that relationship, hurting so many friendships because of it. But now, I'm changing, and I've learned to treasure the friends I have, and never let a partner ruin that. I hear my phone ringing from my room and hop off the couch. Once I reach my room, I look at the number.

"Can I help you? How did you even get my number?"

"Felix gave it to me."

"Without my consent, I'll have to talk to him about that."

"It's not even that big of a deal."

"Now you can call me and message me when you please! It is a travesty."

"Is Marcus there?"

"He fucking lives here so yeah you dipshit. Why?"

"Felix is freaking out."

"Good or bad?"

"Good- I guess? He's never done the whole dating thing before so we don't know how to handle this."

"And you called me because...?"

"I figured Marcus was equally freaking out."

"Pretty sure Violet, Lilly, and I did enough of that for him. He's actually pretty chill right now, happy at least."

"Well Felix is in borderline tears afraid he's going to 'ruin Marcus' or 'not be a good boyfriend'."

"It's not your job to help, have him talk to Marcus about his doubts."

"Yeah I know, we told him that, he won't listen." Liam stops talking and I hear hysterical yelling in the background. "I'm calling in for backup."

"I'm sending Marcus over."

"No, that's a horrible idea!"

"No one will help him if it isn't Marcus, the person he's borderline hysterical over. If you want it to end, trust me. Do you trust me?"

"Yes."

"Okay, then I'm sending Marcus over, hang tight for about 10 minutes." I hang up and head into the living room. "1 hour into being a boyfriend and you have to do damage control."

"What's wrong?"

"Felix is freaking out over you guys dating, just overthinking and worrying about how he'll treat you."

"I'll be right there!" Marcus shoots off the couch and out the door.

"My job is done," I huff, sitting on the couch.

"Who told you?" Violet asks.

"Liam, Felix gave him my number."

"Oh really?" She's smirking with one eyebrow raised.

"The texting and calling will be so minimal or I'm throwing away my phone." I hear Lilly laugh from the kitchen. About 15 minutes later, I receive a text.

Liam: "Thanks."

Me: "Sorry, who is this?"

Liam: "You ass."

Me: "You're welcome. Quiet now?"

Liam: "Um... Yeah you could say that."

Me: "?"

Liam: "You don't want to know."

Me: "Okay weirdo."

Marcus doesn't return home all night, and doesn't respond to any of our many texts or calls. Around 6 A.M. the next morning, he comes walking in. I hear the door creak open and shoot up. Running into the living room, I see Marcus trying to take his jacket off quietly.

"Where the fuck have you been?" I whisper shout.

"At the guys'."

"Doing what that was so important you couldn't respond to any of us? We've all been so worried about you."

"Felix and I were a little... occupied." My jaw drops.

"Gross! It is 6 A.M. you could've just said you fell asleep and spared me that image!"

"Well, it's what happened," he's blushing.

"Get some sleep you hooker," I joke, before falling back into my own bed.