C2: Nice To Meet You, Jennie!

"Hey! Hey, you!" the gorgeous blonde girl obviously ran to catch her breath as she bends over and placed her hands on her knees, panting

"Hey! Hey, you!" the gorgeous blonde girl obviously ran to catch her breath as she bends over and placed her hands on her knees, panting. Jennie stopped upon hearing the familiar voice. The gorgeous blonde girl placed her hand on Jennie's left shoulder encouraging her to look back at her, and Jennie did.

"What's your name? I'm Lisa.", the friendly gorgeous blonde girl introduced herself and extended her hand, flashing her beaming charming smile.

"Jennie.", she took the gorgeous blonde girl's hand and shook it without looking at Lisa's sweet smiling face, but Jennie was looking at their hands locked together. 'Her hand feels soft and safe.' the sexy cat-eyed girl thought to herself.

"Nice to meet you, Jennie! Anyway, what's your plan after this? Maybe I should get your number, so we can text and hang out later if you're free? Or we can probably carpool to church next Sunday? Or we can text to remind each other not to be late for church to save us from another embarrassment?", Lisa asked too many questions. And when she rumbles like this, it's because she's nervous. But the good things is, she's a pro at hiding it.

"It may sound silly to you, but I don't know my number." Jennie obviously lied.

"How about this, I give you my number and you ring me?", confident and smart Lisa countered. 'This girl is smart and smooth!"'Jennie thought.

"Ok. What's your number?", Jennie asked without the intention of contacting her ever. Lisa excitedly gave her number as she feels she officially found a friend.

After Jennie saved it on her contacts, she immediately put her phone in her pocket and walked to her car when Lisa reminded, "Hey! You forgot to ring me."

Jennie eyerolled before facing Lisa, "Right! I'm sorry. Here you go.", she ringed Lisa's phone and the gorgeous blonde in a flash saved her number and said, Text me, okay? Let's hangout!". Lisa was super excited and hopeful.

Jennie smiled and nodded as they both get in their cars. Is she going to really text her?

As soon Jennie got in her car, she felt relieved, but why is she feeling sad now that the gorgeous blonde is 20 feet away from her? And even more sad when the Audi left before her? The sexy cat-eyed girl immediately missed the gorgeous blonde girl.

Jennie was puzzled and bothered. She doesn't know why she has this push-pull internal battle whether to text the gorgeous blonde to hangout later or not.

However, Jennie actually wanted to be with Lisa a little longer, at a distance though, and no talking — just a silent and calm version of the gorgeous blonde so, she doesn't feel intimidated or confused or whatever she is feeling inside. She just wants to stare at her, just like few hours ago when she got lost in those magnetic but soft doe eyes and her beautiful smile that can heal a soul. The other side of Jennie doesn't want to see the gorgeous blonde, the intimidating version — the 2 feet close proximity or the skin-to-skin kind of close that makes her heart race, lost for words, anxious, and restless.

The rest of the day, Jennie couldn't get the gorgeous blonde out of her mind – while carefully choosing a tampon brand in the grocery store, she's thinking of Lisa. While waiting for the slow grandma on a walker finish crossing the street before she can speed her car up, she's thinking of Lisa. While staring at the poor fried fish's eyes in her frying pan, she's thinking of Lisa. And now that she's lying in bed about to sleep at 10PM, she's still thinking about Lisa and how the blonde gave her mixed rollercoaster feelings this morning.

Suddenly, Jennie thought of praying, "God, can you please tell me what I'm feeling? I feel so confused. Help me figure this out. Thanks!.", it made her calm down and finally sleep. The next morning, she woke up to a text from Lisa. She had to blink 10 times and rub her eyes to make sure she was not dreaming.

Lisa (church girl): Good morning, Jennie!!! Let's go to the fresh market on Saturday in downtown? I heard it's a cool place to hang out, lots of delicious local foods and drinks, and stuffs too!*pleading eyes and hands emojis*

Jennie reads it, 10 times and doesn't know what to do. She wants to see the gorgeous blonde and at the same time not want to see the gorgeous blonde! What is wrong with her?

Frustrated and confused, she went out of her room and saw her roommate, Jisoo eating chicken while busy scrolling on her phone. It was bothering her too much that she had to ask her roommate, "Okay, I have a situation. I met a girl at church yesterday. She's kind of weird, she asked for my number, and she wants us to go out on Saturday to the fresh market downtown. What's your take?".

Jisoo looked at her roommate for a moment, she thought it was weird of Jennie to ask an easy and no-brainer question until she realized that her sexy cat/eyed roommate was seriously waiting for her answer.

"I think she likes you. And I think you shouldn't go if you think she's weird.", the black-haired girl said matter-of-factly before returning her attention to her phone.

Jennie's eyes widened in shock and said, "She likes me??? But I don't like her. I mean, I like boys!".

The black-haired girl eyed her with a smirk and said, "I didn't say she likes you romantically? Why are you so defensive?".

Jennie blushed and caught off guard, "Geez, I was just stating my preference! That is not being defensive.", she smoothly countered followed by her famous sassy eye roll.

"Whatever.", Jisoo boringly said, seemingly uninterested of her sexy cat-eyed roommate's BS.

Jennie went back to her room, she sighed deeply before grabbing her phone lying on the bed. She contemplated for another 5 minutes before she started typing a response. Will it be a yay or nay?

Jennie: Hi Lisa! I'm sorry, but I have work on Saturday. Maybe next time?

She pressed send and wished Lisa just stops bothering her so she can go on with her life free of confused thoughts and feelings.

Jisoo is right, she thought. She needs to be careful being friends with random weird people she meets in the streets. But she met Lisa in the church's side street, and she was nice, and beautiful, and charming, and hot... she stopped as she debated with herself.

Lisa (church girl): Okay, I understand. Let me know when you want to hangout though. I'll pick you up at your place!

"Ohmygod! This girl just never gives up!", Jennie thought. The sexy cat-eyed girl kept her reply short.

Jennie: Ok, I will. Have a nice day!

She didn't really mean what she said. She intended to end it here and never to respond to the beautiful blonde no matter what happens.

----------

Two hours later, Jennie did try to move on with her life as she initially planned, BUT she caught herself checking her phone from time-to-time, wishing Lisa will text her again....