C4: Jisoo Knows

Jennie's smile quickly faded away as she remembered to text Chahee and cancel their dinner plan and wished her friend would agree to see her on a different day or time because she feels really guilty for doing this to her friend

Jennie's smile quickly faded away as she remembered to text Chahee and cancel their dinner plan and wished her friend would agree to see her on a different day or time because she feels really guilty for doing this to her friend. She normally is great at keeping promises and showing up when she says she will. She prides herself for being a woman of her word. But this time, it's different.  

Jennie: Chahee! Girl, can we meet on Tuesday for early breakfast or Wednesday night for dinner instead?

Chahee: WHY??? Jennie, my calendar is already made and fully booked. We planned this a month ago!

Jennie: I know and I'm sorry. But, how about this? I'll visit you in your hotel, 10ish on Tuesday night? I'll bring your favorite wine.

Chahee: Jennie, are you going on a date with someone? Tell me. Because you're really bargaining and bribing me right now.

Jennie: No. Not a date. It's a new friend and we just happen to finally find a date to hangout. I promised her I'll meet her for dinner on Tuesday. Please understand Chahee, I don't have friends here aside from my roommate.

Chahee: HER??? Jennie, this is the first time I'm hearing you begging just to hangout with a girl!!! Are you also changing your sexuality now for a new beginning? And you made a promise to me, too. You're ditching me now for a girl?

Jennie: Chahee! Ohmygod! Read my texts. I'm not ditching you! I'm asking you for a new day or time because I want to spend girl time with you. And please, she's a F.R.I.E.N.D.!!!Stop being a bitch, please.

Chahee: Okay. 10ish on Tuesday night. You better show up with Moscato and details about this girl who changed you. Ugh, you don't even like going out.

Jennie: Okay for the wine and no for the details. Thank you! Loveyah! Mwah!

Jennie sighed in relief that her friend agreed, even though Chahee was a little difficult.

Monday morning came and she got out of her room all smiles, "Alexa, play Happy by Pharrell" she said and started shaking her booty in her pajamas as soon as the song played while carefully sipping on her coffee.

Jisoo is quietly eyeing her in the corner of their living room while holding a book titled How to Win Friends & Influence People. "Looks like somebody is in a good mood for the first time in a month!", the black haired girl with an elegant beautiful face disrupted Jennie's booty dance. "Jisoos! Goodness gracious! Don't scare me like that!", the sexy cat-eyed girl exclaimed while holding her chest with her right hand. "So, who's making you all happy?", Jisoo pried after standing in front of the beautiful cat-eyed girl and moved her right hand in a Z wave. "No one. I'm just naturally happy like this.", annoyed Jennie eyerolled and tried believing what came out her mouth.

But if you're Jisoo, you know that the beautiful cat-eyed girl never smiled nor danced since the first day they became roommates. Jisoo didn't know much about Jennie as she's very private, but she knows some tiny details about the cat-eyed girl's devastating breakup with her long time boyfriend. Apart from this, she sees a broken girl who is trying her very best to stay strong and survive, who also pretends to be happy so people won't pity nor worry about her – but not today, she sees a genuinely happy Jennie!

"Why are you lying to my face? It's obvious you're in love.", Jisoo savagely countered. Jennie was taken aback and a red tint on her cheeks appeared, she knows because she could feel her cheeks heat up. "Jisoo, don't ruin my day. Not all people who are happy are in love. Maybe you should get yourself a boyfriend so you stop annoying me with your nonsense.", the cat-eyed is now pissed, but she doesn't know why she's pissed. Jisoo mockingly laughed at the cat-eyed girl's response and said, "Another defensive blow from the defensive girl. Yay! Winner!", and she immediately added, "Is it the weird church girl? Because you looked bothered and confused when you asked me to help you decide whether to meet her or ditch her. I mean, you won't feel that way if you don't like her, right? And you never mentioned anyone to me besides her."

"Why do you care so much?", this is the only answer Jennie can produce right now because the black haired girl's question once again sent her mixed rollercoaster emotions. The confusion is back. "Damn you, Jisoo.", she mentally cursed. "How can she say that? Well, I'll prove to this judgmental bitch that Lisa and I are just friends because I'm not gay.", Jennie said to herself, determined to prove her roommate wrong. You see, Jisoo's intention is not to annoy or piss her roommate, her intention is to let Jennie know that she's happy for the cat-eyed girl regardless of who she falls in love with. She wants the pretty cat-eyed girl to also know that it's okay to be gay. There's nothing to be ashamed or scared of about it because most gay people she knows are actually the nicest and most empathic people she has ever met. And sometimes, they're even nicer than most straight people. But the thing is, Jennie doesn't know she's gay. YET.

"Jennie, I care because I want you to be truly happy! Trust me, the best feeling on Earth is being free. Free from people's judgements and expectations. You can't be happy if you live your life according to people's stupid expectations and own f*cked up definition of love, life, happiness, and success. You can't be happy pleasing people all the time just to get validation, belongingness, and acceptance from people who could care less about you, who don't even know you.", Jisoo said in a calm, caring, and hopefully convincing tone this time. She feels proud of herself as she imagines herself as the female version of world's most popular life guru, Tony Robbins. Meanwhile, Jennie is just looking at her more confused than she already is and thinking why the black haired goddess is giving such motivational speech. "When did Jisoo get this deep and nice? She must be possessed right now.", Jennie thought and wished the spirit never leaves her roommate's body.

Jisoo continued, trying hard to get her point across, "Jennie, the only valuable validation, belongingness, and acceptance you need comes from you. Yourself! At the end of the day, the only bestfriend you have is yourself. So, be kind to yourself and live an authentic life. Nobody can tear you down IF and ONLY you know and love yourself more than anyone, and that's what matters the most. In short..."

Jennie suddenly cut Jisoo and said in disbelief, "Ohmygod! There's a shorter version of this?"

"Listen, you bitch! All I'm saying is love who you want to love, and be who you want to be. Everybody else can f*ck off!", the frustrated black-haired girl finally ended her speech and wished the annoying cat-eyed girl got something out of it.

"Okay? Uhm, I get that. I'm not trying to be someone else though." Jennie innocently said. Jisoo can only sigh in defeat, complete with sagging shoulders and face! And she accepted that she failed as a female version of Tony Robbins.

—————-
Tuesday, 5:30PM at Nobu Japanese Restaurant. Jennie suggested this moderately fancy restaurant to Lisa as she heard from her colleagues that it's the best in town, plus it's perfectly close to Chahee's hotel. Jennie's a "little" too early because of extreme excitement than she can ever admit...