C27: Brave Jennie

"So, anything for me, huh? Well, can you clear your next week's work schedule? We're flying to California for aunt Nancy's birthday. My family is flying there too, and they all want to meet you especially after auntie told them my new friend Lisa is coming with me.... I'm sorry for the short notice. They just finalized the birthday plan this morning."

"When's your aunt Nancy's birthday?"

This is going to test their effective communication and teamwork in big decision making.

Lisa being a chief neurosurgeon, her work is not something she can just drop whenever she wishes to – she's a big boss, one of the most vital employees in her hospital. Whereas Jennie being an Internist, can get someone to cover for her easily. Why? Because there's scarcity for neurosurgeons versus internists in general.

"Thursday next week."

"Why do you need me to take a week off if we can fly out Wednesday night and fly back Friday?"

"Because my plan is... We fly out here this coming Friday night, but we're not going straight to my aunt's because I want to show you around California first, since you told me before you've never seen west coast even if you lived in the US for 15 years."

"You know Ms. Kim, you could have just told me you want an out of the country mini vacation with me. You don't have to use your Aunt Nancy to invite me and to say yes to you." Lisa cockily said with a teasing smirk and wiggling eyebrows, earning an embarrassed laugh and playful smack on her left shoulder from the sexy cat-eyed girl. They both cutely chuckled.

"Ok Amazona, let's come up with a plan. My surgery days are MWTh. And since you just asked me now to take a week vacation next week, and that's close to impossible because my Monday and Wednesday are already filled up and..."

"Are you saying no to me?"

"Jennie, I didn't say no, I said let's plan, because I want to go with you..."

"But it sounded like you were giving me reasons why you can't go."

"These are not reasons, Jennie. These are actual facts and reality. Again, listen to me first before you react... Will you, please?"

"I'm sorry. Ok, go ahead."

The sexy cat-eyed girl realized that one of the things that cause them to argue sometimes is her being reactive without listening, understanding, and letting the hot surgeon finish her sentence first. A habit she acquired from the douchebag for they both don't listen because their primary focus is to win the argument that never ends. But Jennie's learning and trying to fix this old and counterproductive habit, for herself and for her future other half. Thanks to the hot surgeon.

"So, I'm thinking about calling our PRN neurosurgeon to see if he can cover for me, secure him first before charming the CEO to grant me PTO for being an awesome chief neurosurgeon. But I need you to please be more understanding if things don't go my way."

"Ok." The sexy cat-eyed girl's face fell, she feels sad and disappointed that she didn't get an easy yes from the hot surgeon. But again, it's not a no since Lisa will do her best to make it work.

"How about we fly out Wednesday instead? Like you initially suggested. So, you can still do your surgeries and maybe the PRN can take over your Thursday surgeries?"

"That's why I  proposed we fly out Wednesday... I was afraid that my patients will condemn me and the hospital if I won't be the one opening their brains and spinal cords on Monday and Wednesday. And with this plan, I think the CEO will likely approve my request if I get the jobs done first. When are we flying back?"