17

Taking a nap was the wisest decision I did today. We'll be staying up late later to watch after the votes, I have decided earlier to take a nap. Now, Mommy woke me up cause we'll be going to the headquarters na. It's already 6 in the evening.

I freshened up and wore the red blazer with the name of Tito embroidered on the left chest and I wore a white t-shirt beneath it. Only Mommy and me has this. I tucked the t-shirt inside the black pants and wore my uniteam shoes.

I took my shoulder bag that has all my important necessities were and went down to see my parents.

Mommy and Daddy were talking at the living room while waiting for me. When they saw me walking towards them, they immediately smiled and stood up. When I reached them, Daddy left a light peck on my temple. Mommy held my hand and pulled me so that we'll go to the car na.

I sat at the back row of Mommy and Daddy to give them some time alone, cause I know they need it. I suddenly thought of messaging Kuya Sandro about the updates of their votes.

To: Kuya Sandro
Hey, Kuya. Any updates of the votes there in Ilocos? How big is the gap? Update me please. Btw, we are on our way to the headquarters to help to watch over the votes.

I returned my phone back in my bag after I sent it. I got startled a bit when I saw Mommy looking at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You okay there, anak?" I nodded and gave her a smile. She smiled back at me and shifted on her seat to talk to Dad again.

The streets looks like it was in chaos. It was kind of traffic since it's already rush hours and especially today is the elections, and the voting sites isn't closed yet. While looking at the streets my phone beeped from my bag.

I took a look at it and it was a reply from Kuya Sandro.

From: Kuya Sandro
Hey, Ellie. The vote count started an hour ago or so, here in Ilocos. And I'm currently leading but I still got to make sure that it would make a wide gap. But so far so good. I'll be arriving there later after I make sure that the gap has widen. Ingat kayo. Love you, bear.

I smiled and replied.

To: Kuya Sandro
Okay, good. Whatever happens I'm still so proud of you guys, anyway. Let's pray for the best, Kuya. Make sure to come, please! Love u

I placed my phone back in the bag again and not for so long, we arrived at the headquarters.
The bodyguards immediately went on their places to guard us, there were some people who were outside the headquarters. We waved at them and greeted them.

It's really a nerve-racking moment now. The counting haven't started yet but the faces of the people here have so much hope. I hope the votes result won't disappoint every citizen in the country.

We were greeted by the staffs as soon as we got in. They were cheering like they feel the victory eventually coming, even though the counting haven't started yet. Ate Carms rushed towards me and I gave her a tight hug. We pulled out after a moment.

"Isang oras na lang! Magsisimula na ang counting, Ellie!" She exclaimed excitedly. She greeted my Mom with hug and cheek kiss. She just shook hands with Dad.

"Oo nga! I'm so thrilled, Ate!" We jumped together with our happy faces, Mom and Dad laughed at napailing-iling na lang.

Nilingon ni Ate Carmela si Mommy at sinabing, "Uhm... Miss Irene, nandoon po sa hall si BBM nag-aantay sa inyo. Sinabihan niya po ako kanina na salubungin ko daw po kayo..."

Mommy smiled, nodded and said, "Alright, shall we go?"

We all nodded and walked towards the hall. Ate Carms and I walked hand in hand very enthusiastically. The hall was kinda big. There were foods from catering in the room, a small stage in the middle, tables and chairs were organized and a television on the side so that we could watch over the votes.