29

Days has passed since we met that girl Lani. We went home that day and Mommy was in the bad mood. I can really feel it even though she was still treating me like how she treats me. Kay Daddy at kay Lani lang siguro siya naiirita.

Umuwi kami noong araw na iyon ng tahimik. Mommy directly went inside their room and locked herself there. Bumaba lang siya noong pinaghanda niya ako ng meryenda at hapunan.

She wasn't giving Dad any attention when he arrived at night too. Daddy was getting clingy to her but she wasn't having any of it, parang wala lang sa kanya.

I know Mom's jealous. It's very obvious whenever Mommy gets jealous, she would just stay silent and ignore. She made parinig too.

—that day—
Daddy sat down at the head chair, he just arrived from work. Inilapag ni Mommy yung kanin at ulam sa lamesa. Hindi pa umupo si Mommy, she went to the refrigerator to get something to drink and in my surprise, Daddy stood and up and moved at Mommy's back and hugged her.

Napatigil si Mommy noong yumakap si Daddy mula sa kanyang likod. Daddy smelled her feminine scent on her neck and I guess he left a little kisses.

Hinawi ni Mommy ang kamay ni Daddy at umupo sa tabi ko, leaving Daddy following her, naupo na rin ang Daddy. Naghain na si Mommy ng pagkain sa plato ko and she lead the prayer.

Noong naghain ng pagkain ang Daddy, Mommy suddenly spoke, "Why are you eating?"

Kumunot ang noo ni Daddy. "Can't I?"

Ngumisi si Mommy at naghain ng ulam sa plato niya. "You should've ordered take out delivery na lang, that's your favorite now right?" I feel like Mommy's teasing Daddy because about that incident earlier.

Daddy smirked, "Jealous now aren't we?"

Mommy rolled her eyes and started eating, avoiding Daddy's question.

"Don't worry, my darling, your cook is still my favorite..." Dad sweetly uttered.

Mommy mumbled something to herself, it's like mocking what Daddy said. Daddy was eyeing my Mom from time to time and Mommy would just glare and snob at him. Attitude!

"Dad.." I called.

"Hmm?" He hummed.

"That Lani... Is she really just an acquaintance?" Nanliit ang mata ko.

I noticed that Daddy shivered. Napakurap siya ng ilang beses bago ako sinagot.

"Y-Yeah.. Of course.. What else should she be? Right?"

I snorted and shrugged. "Whatever you say..."

"Why, love? Is there something wrong?" Tanong ni Mommy sa akin.

Palihim akong ngumisi. "Tsk. Tsk. There's just something in her that I don't like... I have a bad feeling about her."

Hindi na nagsalita ang dalawa.

at present—

We are invited by a friend of Mom to be a guest for a cultural party. Daddy didn't go to work as Mom told him that we have an event to attend today, even though he isn't really fond of attending events like this.

But because Mom told him so, he has to attend. I just wore a simple pastel colored dress that has butterfly sleeves, that was owned by Mommy during her younger years.