40

This is the last chapter of UTCD, epilogue will be next.

The celebration of my birthday, didn't end well. A month have passed and like what we were told, the DNA test will be having its result today. Even though we know that Ria is not my Dad's child, my Mom insisted to get a DNA test just to make sure. Her trust issues was speaking at that time.

The medical geneticist of our tests is the best geneticist of the country.

I still cannot accept what that Mikhail did to me. He did me wrong. I trusted him. I treasured him, tapos yun lang pala ang gagawin niya sa akin. He clearly still has a hang up for his ex which is Ria, but I still don't understand why I deserved that.

He knew that I am Ella's bestfriend, pero nakayanan niya pa rin na gawin yun sa akin. Ella has been bugging me since she knew about what her stupid brother did, but I'm not replying at all. It's not like I'm blaming her, but I just need space.

My phone beeped as a sign of notification. It was a comment of Mommy's close friend on my post that I posted on Instagram. Two days after my birthday. That close friend of Mommy commented on each of my two posts.

The first post was the photoshoot we did. The one that Kuya Luis took and my family was making kulit. I put three photos in one post.

"@ireniellem.araneta: 23 and loving me.
📸 @lmcm.araneta"

@dawnzulueta: Belated Birthday blessings, Irenielle! I wish you all the best, beautiful. Keep shining! I love you!

I replied to Tita Dawn's comment. She's the celebrity friend of Mommy.

@ireniellem.araneta: thank you, tita dawn! i love you too!

I proceeded to the second post.

The first photo was the gifts and flowers I received. The second one was the Marcos-Araneta family photo. The third one is our complete Marcos family photo. And the last one was my picture with my nieces and nephews.

"@ireniellem.araneta: Happiest at twenty three. I just wanna say thank you to the almighty father for giving me another year to be wiser. Thank you to my family for making my birthday celebration happen. And for the gifts that other people gave, I appreciate it. I may not name all of you but know that I am indeed grateful.

And to the people in social media, I can't reply to all of you but thank you so much! Thank you for all your birthday wishes!"

@dawnzulueta: I hope you liked my gift, sweetheart! See you soon with your Mommy, I'll treat you something good!

@ireniellem.araneta: Yes! I love it, Tita! Looking forward for that.

Tita Dawn gave me a 64 carat diamond necklace from Europe. I haven't searched for the real price but I'm sure it's very expensive. I kept it inside my vault and all the other gifts I received. The flowers that I received from my Manongs were inside my bedroom, near my walk in closet. Hinalo ko na lang ang flowers na bigay ni Daddy.

I threw Mikhail's flowers.

My door sprung open and it revealed Mommy. Tumayo ako galing sa pagkakahiga. She sat at my bed and looked at me in worry.

"Don't look at me like that, Mom.." sabi ko at kinuha yung teddy bear sa tabi ko.

Napabuntong hininga si Mommy at hinaplos ang kamay ko. "I'm sorry that you had to experienced being used,"

"I can conquer the pain, Mommy... Mawawala rin 'to. You didn't raise a weakling," I assured her.

She nodded and smiled at me. Mommy reached for my cheek and caressed it. "Of course... You are Mommy's brave little angel."