32

Seeing Lani's daughter early in the morning was worst. She was already sitting at my seat, what the heck? Why the hell is she so early here at our house? Agad na ba siyang titira dito?!

Mommy stood up when she saw me entering the dining area. She went to me and gave me my morning kiss and greeted me.

"Good morning, my love... How was my baby's sleep?" She sweetly uttered. I stared at her eyes and hurt is still evident on it, parang nagpapanggap lang si Mommy na masaya at kaya niya.

"It was fine, Mommy... But waking up is horrible," I said as I glanced at the person on my seat. Nakita kong napayuko si Daddy.

Mommy led me to sit beside her, Kuya Alfonso's usual seat. Nakita kong nakaupo na si Andy katabi ni Kuya Alfonso sa susunod na upuan na dapat saan ako pauupuin ni Mommy. Kuya Luis' kids were sitting beside my seat, followed by Kuya Luis and Ate Xandra.

There's no way I am going to adjust for this girl. I have never adjusted my whole life, I just compromise when I need to. But she isn't that important for me to compromise.

Naglakad ako papunta sa upuan ko. She looked at me plainly while she was sitting on my seat.

"What?" tanong niya sa akin.

"That's my seat." I plainly uttered with no expression written on my face.

"There's another seat beside your Mom, why don't you just seat there?" tanong niya na nakataas ang kilay.

Tahimik lang ang lahat. Walang pumapagitna sa usapan namin. Well, I am not shocked. My family was always been like this whenever they feel that I am in a bad mood early in the morning.

I scoffed and smirked. "If you don't know... I'm usually sitting at Dad's left side and Mom's on his right."

"And?" parang wala lang sa kanya ang explanation ko.

"Move." seryosong sabi ko.

"What if I don't want to?" she smirked at me, nagmamaldita.

"You're in my house... you better follow what I am saying."

She rolled her eyes at me and said, "You mean... my house too?"

I looked at her from head to toe, insultingly. And smirked. "No. My house. You're not a Marcos-Araneta. Kung ayaw mong sumunod... Just leave, ako pa mismo ang magbubukas ng pintuan para sayo." naiirita kong sabi.

"Ellie..." I heard Dad whispered. I glared at him and rolled my eyes.

Sumimangot siya sa sinabi ko. Hindi pwedeng ako lang ang ma-bad trip nang ganito kaaga, dapat damay din siya.

"So move. Before living in my house... you should put it in your mind that I... never adjust or compromise. I make the rules," nang-iinsulto kong sabi.

Tumikhim si Daddy bago sinabing, "Just seat beside Andy, Ria."

She looked at me angrily. I raised my eyebrow and smirked.

"Spoiled brat!" She spatted at me before following Dad's order.

I smirked and said, "I know."

Kuya Alfy moved beside Mom, so is Andy. When I sat down, I covered my clothes with the table napkin. The maids arranged each of our plates. It's the vintage one na pare-pareho kami. Lani's daughter was having different plate and utensils. Our kasambahays definitely understood the assignment.

Mommy was handing me the rice because it was near her, at sinalinan niya ako ng kanin at ulam.

"Why do I have different plate and utensils?" Galit na sabi noong anak ni Lani.