Special Chapter

Happy Birthday, Miss Irene! Stay healthy and happy. I love you in every universe! 🤍

(Irenielle's POV)

It's Mommy's birthday today! She's now sixty-two— and doesn't look like it. I was teary when I took a bath yesterday. Mom is getting older... and I'm scared of what could possibly happen.

I haven't proved anything in my life yet... I haven't done something that would make them extremely proud. Even though they always tell me that they are proud of me, I just don't feel like its enough.

Anyways... we'll be celebrating it privately. We really aren't fond of huge public celebration, except on Marcos Day in Ilocos on Papa Macoy's birthday.

I went out of my room after wearing our matching silk white pajamas with my brothers and my Dad, Daddy made Mommy wear the silk red pajamas yesterday with her not having a proper knowledge about our early surprise.

Mommy usually wakes up around 7, it's still 6:30 we have lots of time. Pinasuot na rin nila Kuya ang mga anak nila ng pajamas na matchy din ang design sa amin, Ate Xandra prepared this.

I baked the cake yesterday night when Mommy wad already asleep. Bumaba na si Daddy sa living room kung nasaan kami, he looks so cute with the pajama. He usually wears sando and just pants when he sleeps, but he'll make an exception for Mommy.

Natutulog pa ang mga kids so kami na muna ang magsu-surprise. We'll take picture when they wake up.

"Is Mommy still asleep, Dad?" Kuya Alfy asked.

"Yes. Pumunta na tayo doon sa taas, baka maramdaman 'nun na wala ako sa tabi niya, hahanapin agad ako 'nun at masisira itong surprise natin." We nodded.

Kuya Luis was the one who's taking the video while Daddy was the one holding the cake. Nakahawak ako sa braso ni Ate Xandra habang papunta kami sa taas. I'm kind of excited and nervous.

We gently opened the door and found Mommy peacefully sleeping on the bed while hugging the pillow. Most beautiful scenery that I have scene this morning.

Dahan dahan kaming lumapit at unti-unting ginising si Mommy. Kinalabit ko siya at gumalaw lang ito pero hindi nagising.

"Mommy..." marahan kong tawag. She groaned and hugged the pillow tightly. Napatawa kami.

"Mommy." Si Kuya Alfonso. Unti-unting minulat ni Mommy ang kanya mata at ngumiti nang makita kami.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" We exclaimed. Ngumiti si Mommy at nagtakio ng mukha na para bang nahihiya pa.

She slowly sat down and hugged the pillow. She tucked her hair in the back of her ear. Nilapit ni Daddy ang cake at sinindihan ito. We sang the happy birthday song for her.

Ang laki ng ngiti ni Mommy. She looks so happy. I was taking a video of her to post for later, I know her fans wants to know what happened on her special day too.

After the song, I said, "Make a wish, Mommy..."

She smiled at me. "Yes, love."

She clasped her hands and closed her eyes tightly. May all her birthday wishes do come true. She blew the candle after and we all applauded. Daddy placed the cake above the table next to the bed and kissed Mommy on her lips.

"Happy Birthday, my dear. I love you. You'll always have my heart and soul, I am devoted to you. You are the best Mom and wife, one could have wished for. I'm delighted that you're mine, I love you, darling." he placed a kiss on Mommy's head.

"I love you, dear honey. Thank you, darling. I can't possibly do all of those things without you. Salamat, mahal." She called him like how she used to call him when we were younger. My Dad smiled sweetly.