EPILOGUE

"The only girl of the Marcoses must be another future politician of the family."

My forehead creased as I looked at that article. It has the pictures of mine while doing public works and such. A lot of comments agreed and there are some who disagreed too.

Where did they get this idea from? Certainly not me. Cause I kept on declining and declining whenever someone tells me that I would make a good politician.

Disguising, being camouflaged, hidden, and all other things that could be describe for a daughter that wasn't introduced to the public can be described to the only girl of the Marcoses. Maria Irenielle Celestiana, a brave young lady who have conquered a lot of battles and remained poised.

Who would've thought that there is an only girl of the second generation? Who would've thought that in the midst of election period, I would be introduced to the public? That wasn't in the plan.

I came from a family that is very prominent in this country. One of the biggest name that has ever heard in this country. The family that was kicked out of their home country, the family that has been criticized for almost 4 decades and counting. And in a snap of a finger, they felt the love and support of the majority again.

A year has passed since we overcome that battle. It has been a great year. We learned a lot of things. I did learned a lot of things, like not trusting someone too much.

Ella and I talked weeks after we got our DNA results. Wala naman siyang kasalanan eh, I just needed space. She said sorry for what his brother did. Their parents brought Mikhail to Australia to their grandparents. Tito Kim and Tita Khayla apologized to me and the whole family. I got the apology that I didn't need from them, but I didn't get the proper apology for who had done me wrong.

But it's okay... Sometimes we have to forgive someone who didn't apologize, so that we could be in peace. I have forgiven Mikhail, but I have not forgotten what they did to me.

I don't know where's Ria and Lani now, and I chose to not care. That atribidang Tita of mine is still behind bars and facing her consequences.

Many things had happened and we should always look forward for what's going to happen.

My clinic have been very successful. I have helped lots of teens and adults who were mentally and emotionally not okay. Clients come to my office clinic and get their therapy twice a week, and some of them commented that it really helped them.

We are at the LNMB. We are here to spend Lolo's 34th death anniversary. Everyone is welcome here in his mausoleum. We have a lot of guests today not like how I expected.

There are politicians, family friends, extended families, and of course the loyalists and supporters are here. I was even shocked that a lot of students who have graduated this year came. We did not have an invitation or RSVP, anyone who wants to join us, can freely join.

And I have heard from Tito Bong that they want me to speech after the mass. I don't usually do it. Back then, when I wasn't introduced to the public yet, I just sit at the back and pretend that I'm also a guest. I always disguise.

The mass just ended and Tito started giving his speech. I saw the graduates were really listening and looks very interested at the back. They looked impressed. I am indeed happy that the younger generation that we have, is very open minded and has a heart for national communication.

"Like what the graduates at the back requested, they wanted to uh... hear something from Irenielle." Tito chuckled. "Come here, sweetheart. Your turn," I quickly stood up and went to where Tito was.

He smiled at me before returning to where he was seated. I stood behind the podium stand and inayos ang mic. Tumikhim ako bago nagsalita.

"Greetings to everyone that we are with today. I am very glad to see everyone of you. I'm sure you all know me, I guess I don't have to introduce myself anymore." I giggled. I gulped.