A Dinner With Dear Old Dad

Five and I come to this hotel like building with an invitation to meet the one and only Reginald  Hargreeves. We go inside walking up the complex stairs to the elevator.

Y: "you sure you want to do this?"

F: "we don't have a choice now do we?"

Y: "anything I can do?"

F: "I trust you'll do what's right when the time comes." I walk into the elevator and watch as five tried to shake off his nerves. I held his hand and watches as a hand caught the door before it closed. One by one gives siblings pile in. I saw a smile on fives face form when the last sibling, Luther, walked in.

F: "good we're all here." I chuckled at his smile and couldn't help but kiss his cheek.

Y: "awe you do love your family tough guy!"

F: "shut up.."

Y: "fine fine."

The awkward silence spoke louder than words. I heard Luther grunt a little and then I noticed. I'm gonna vomit. I covered my nose and gagged. It caught the attention of everyone else before the had the same realization. We all covered our noses as the smell only got worse.

K: "Luther!"

L: "sorry, I'm nervous.."

The elevator couldn't open faster. Five gripped my hand tighter and pull us out while Luther stood there.

A: "nasty, I'm choking."

K: "none of that-"

F: "alright when dad gets here, I'll be doing the talking, okay?"

D: "I have a few questions for him myself."

F: "hey we don't want to scare him off. Alright? He might be able to help us stop doomsday, get us home."

D: "no we need to figure out why he's planning to kill the president."

F: "this is a matter of life and death you imbecile!"

V: "ok, yeah, maybe we should take turns talking. Yeah? [She walks to another table and grabbed the shell center piece] here whoever has this chonch she'll gets to talk."

F: "Vanya, we don't have time for a debate, okay?" I lean over to five.

Y: "I'm going to find a drink, I'm way too sober for this so save me a seat." I smile at him and go off to find the bar.

It wasn't too hard to find as it was decorated like a bamboo stand. I walk behind and find some bottles of vodka. Klaus walks over and I hand him a coconut cup and leave with the bottle. I walk back to the table to see diego had taken the shell and threw it against the wall. I sat next to five. An aging mad burst in the room and quickly made his way to the table. The rest of the academy sat down except for Klaus who was tipsy already. This man I recognized as a younger version of Reginald Hargreeves.

R: "not only have you burglarized my lab, set my chimp loose, conned your way into the Mexican Consulate, repeatedly stalked and attacked me, but you have on numerous occasions called me-" Klaus came back finally sitting right next to Reggie.

K: "hey pop how's it hangin?"

R: "...dad. My reconnaissance tells me you're not CIA, not KGB, certainly not M15, so.. Who are you? "

F: "we're your children. From the future. In 1989 you adopted us all and trained us to fight against the end of the world. Called us the umbrella Academy."

R: "why on earth would I adopt seven-"

Y: "you didn't adopt me! I'm technically from the 1910s but I was taken and trained by someone else to be an assassin but Mr five Hargreeves right here accidentally brought me here into this timeline. You did apparently adopt seven but the actual other one is dead. Soooo.. " five shot me a look. "he deserves to know!"