ABL 35: How Did We End Up Here?

This was getting tiring. I felt so restless, and my heart kept beating violently against my chest. Tossing the blankets off my body, I groaned as I stomped my way into his bedroom.

I had a lot to get off my chest!

He laid on his back with one arm underneath his head as he stared up silently; what was he thinking about so hard? How his girlfriend cursed and told him to leave her alone?

Aha, that was sad, but I didn't care!

"What's wrong?" He uttered so quietly that I almost didn't get it. Have I annoyed him already? "No, you haven't," he said, looking at me, and I froze in my stance. My belly swelled warmly when our eyes met, and I felt nervous. Ooh butterflies.

"Well, it wouldn't matter either way," I lied, knowing damn well he knew that I cared. "Are you mad?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"At what?"

"That I told you not to go after your girlfriend, and she told you to leave her alone," I tried to sound sincere, but I wasn't about to offer him the opportunity to say he was mad at me.

It wasn't my fault that he wanted two women; they shared the same feelings, and one of them was pregnant.

"No," he said, simply leaving me confused; if he were lying, I would know.

"So, are you mad at me?" I pointed to my chest, and he chuckled and shook his head.

"No, I am not mad at you for threatening me not to go after Willow or the fact she chased me away," he cleared up, and I climbed onto his bed, tired of standing.

"Oh, it wasn't a threat; it was a promise," I smiled. "Why are you so quiet? I know I'm part of your problems, but I can be a good listener," I said softly as I touched his shoulder.

It looked like something was troubling him, and he didn't have anyone to talk to. I was such a good person sometimes; it annoyed me.

Everyone had basically shut him out because of what happened with Willow: his best friend was busy with Anin, his mother was disappointed in him, Willow was pretty mad at him after what happened today, and Orion? Well, who knows what goes on with these two? It is kinda sad to be alone, and having had my huge unfair experience of it, I didn't want that to happen to him.

It felt as if everything had spiralled out of control ever since I came into his life. I knew it was not entirely because of me, but I couldn't help but feel at fault.

Everyone just automatically sided with me because I was pregnant with his child, which seemed fair because I was from Earth, but who was on his side right now?

He'd been on some suspension with his Alpha role. Orion probably hated him, and everyone was just disgusted by him, including me, but it was a bit unfair that we were all so quick to turn our backs on him.

I ruined his life.

"You didn't ruin my life," he spoke softly as he stared at the night sky through the huge skylight. Was it even necessary for it to be that huge? "Everything happening right now is because of me and my choices," he sighed.

Well, he is right.

"Let's talk about it; get that boulder off your lovely chest," I insisted as I put the pillow on my lap. I was practically naked, and I didn't think he would want to see all that during this conversation. "And we're going to talk about it; start where you think it all went wrong," I smiled, hoping that I wasn't the beginning.

"When I became alpha," he breathed, and I felt relieved. I wasn't the story's beginning, but my eyes opened wide with that revelation.

"How? I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be the most exciting time of your life," I said, and he nodded with a sad smile.