ABL 02: Nioz

"Where?" I whispered as I looked around my surroundings—where was I? There were people behind the woman who stood in front of me; they were seated as if they were part of a council of some sort.

Oh no, am I about to be a sacrifice?

"Nioz, my child," she smiled, and my smile slowly grew as I stared at her. I chuckled and scratched my head.

I was a sacrifice, wasn't I? She referred to me as 'child', and I sat in the middle of the room, half-naked with my breasts spilling over the top of my satin nightdress.

"It's either I am dead, or I am dreaming, because I don't know who you are and where I am," I said and she shook her head smiling.

"You are in Nioz, a planet in a different realm than the one you're from, Earth, I believe it is called," she explained, and that had me convinced she was crazy. I laughed and clapped my hands.

"Did Frank break into my apartment and take me into an asylum because I was seeing black butterflies?" I asked the woman.

She was wearing a long red dress that reached her feet; her black hair was tied in such an elegant manner that it made me believe she was an important figure. She had a kind of supremacy aura coming from her. Her eyes were a light shade of purple, and her kind smile was relaxing but freaking me out as well.

I was a young black woman who lived alone and had a fast mouth at times. So this was freaking me the fuck out.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know a Frank and black butterflies, you say? How often have you been seeing them?"

"Lady, the way you're being so soft is scaring me. Who are you?" I stood up on shaky legs, taking a step back, and she smiled, giggling a bit.

"My apologies, my name is Nyleve Acula; I am—" loud footsteps rang across the hall. I stared at where the sound was coming from, noting the architectural structure of the hall. It was magnificent; the spiral pillars led my eyes up to the arches that featured some designs. It seemed ancient and foreign to me, but it was still beautiful.

"Mother, why was I summoned?" I heard the voice I never thought I would hear again—I hoped I would—but heck! "What is she doing here?" He asked as he pointed an accusing finger at me. I frowned and looked at him from the corner of my eye.

He has a nasty attitude.

"That's what we're trying to figure out, asshole," I said, crossing my arms over my chest. "Lady, this is your son?" I pointed to Miall, and his growl vibrated the room; what the heck?

"She's Luna Acula to you," he roared, and I stared at him. Is that like a queen?

"I don't know her!" I replied. "And who do you think you're talking to like that? You better watch your tone around me."

"And you better watch yours around me too; you don't know me," he said dangerously low as he stared me down.

"Who do you think you're intimidating? Just because we're in front of your mother doesn't mean I won't beat your ass," I said, stepping closer to him. The height difference was real between us, and here I was threatening a man who could—did—toss me like a lightweight.

"I would love to see you try, human," he said, and I cocked my head to the side.

"What, like that word is supposed to make me feel weak? I will hurt you; don't tempt me," I said.

"Yes, you are weak," he whispered, and that was when I noticed his canines protruding out of his mouth. What did that mean?

"MIALL!" His mother shouted as she clapped her hands at him.