A Retrospective...

Wattpad likes to delete anything I put in the header (Put a silly photo in case I'm gonna get proven wrong) so I'm putting the song here. Just my favorite Sonic song, Don't @ me!
(Sonic Boom (Ending ver.) - Sonic CD)

So I finally reached the 200 chapter limit. Looking back, I first started this art book because I was in junior year of high school and taking art class and decided I could use it as an opportunity to learn and also kind of document how I've improved. Seeing how much I've changed, going from paper to digital (don't worry, I'll still do some pencil and paper art in the future if my hands let me, lol.), seeing how my technique has changed as well as my shading, all of it, I've had a lot of fun making art and it's helped with my anxiety and stuff as well. When I first started here, as some of you may know, I was in a bad place. I didn't know what I wanted to be, I was having mental breakdowns every other day, and I was suicidal. Hell, still have my anxiety kicking in every once in a while to this day! I think my art reflects that as my earlier art was more edgy and reeked of depression and angst. My newer art has some edge but it's not edgy and has a lot more thought put into it. I'm not giving characters shark teeth or spikes everywhere! Heck, look at Scar's original design and then compare it to his latest!

Like yeah modern Scar is edgy as well but not nearly as try hard edgy! He just looks like the average Twitter user whenever someone doesn't have the exact same opinion as them! Jokes aside, Scar is one example of how much my art has changed

Like yeah modern Scar is edgy as well but not nearly as try hard edgy! He just looks like the average Twitter user whenever someone doesn't have the exact same opinion as them! Jokes aside, Scar is one example of how much my art has changed. I can now show a character is an antagonist without going overboard with the edge and tell way more about the character. Scar is Arnec's Anti-Mobius version and I show that with them having almost identical appearances with some different characteristics. Scar is meant to be sociopathic (not caring about anyone or anything unless usually it furthers their goal) and so I show that by showing you his outfit's wear and tear and just lack of care. The colors are more faded, more dirty, and just that says way more about a character than just being like "Haha, generic shark teeth and spikes go brrt" like I was with his old design. That kind of growth makes me kinda proud of myself in a way. And no, I wasn't targeting Surge when talking about generic shark teeth and spikes. It does apply to her but I have so much apathy for IDW Sonic that I just don't give much of a damn anymore.

Since this is the final Chapter of this until I publish "Art Book 2: Electric Boogaloo" (I swear that's not what I'm calling it!) I decided to do something special... Ready?

yOu bEtTeR nOt lAuGh aT tHiS!!!

Arnec's newest incarnation meeting the original! Even shaded Legacy Pt 2 Arnec but not Agris Arnec because I didn't do shading back then! Some other details include his eyes being drawn the way I used to, him having his scar that Scourge gave him ...

Arnec's newest incarnation meeting the original! Even shaded Legacy Pt 2 Arnec but not Agris Arnec because I didn't do shading back then! Some other details include his eyes being drawn the way I used to, him having his scar that Scourge gave him in the first book of the Agris trilogy, and him having his original eye color. And yes for those who don't know, that is really what his first outfit looked like.

And uh... for your own sanity, don't read the original Agris trilogy or it's failed reboot. I only keep them up because of the sentimental value, lol. Anyways, that's it from me and this art book so... I guess I should probably get started on the sequel now, lol.