The pollywog

Lucas POV:

I was walking to my locker when Max stopped me.

"Hey stalker." Max said.

"Umm yea?"

"Why do they call Will and Lola zombie boy and zombie girl." she started. "I mean, I get it. They got lost in the woods for a week, but why are the zombies. Because everyone thought she was dead?" she continued.

"Yeah, I mean we even had a funeral for them and everything." I said smiling.

"After a week?" She asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Well, two kids drowned at the quarry. We thought it was them cause the body was super decomposed." I explained.

"What? Okay that's not funny." Max said.

"It's not a joke all right? It's public knowledge, you can ask anybody."

"But it just doesn't make since that two kids suddenly drown in the quarry when they disappeared. I mean it's possible it can happen but it just seems sketchy." She admitted.

"Like I said you can ask anyone just not Will or Lola, they're really sensitive about it." I warned her.

Time skip

Lola's POV:

"The case of Phineas Gage is one of the great medical curiosities of all time. Phineas was a railroad worker in 1848 who had a nightmarish accident." Mr. Clarke said beginning his lecture.

"A large iron rod was driven completely through his head. He seemed fine, and physically, yes, yes he was."

I felt eyes on me making me turn my head. I found Max staring at me and she turned around quickly finding the wall very interesting. I raised an eyebrow and slowly turned around confused. Not even a minute later Will turned around making me turn around as well to find Max staring at him now. "What is up with her". I thought. I was brought back to reality hearing Mr. Clarke talk again.

"But his injury resulted in a complete change to his personality. At the time, this was known as the American Crowbar Case. Although it wasn't a-" Mr. Clarke was cut off by the door slamming open making me jump and hit my sprained leg on the desk.

"Fuck!" I hissed quietly.

"I am so sorry, Mr. Clarke. Really, I'm so sorry. Please continue with the class." Dustin said out of breath walking to his seat.

"Don't mind me. Really, continue please." He added.

"Although it wasn't a Crowbar, it was a rod, as I said." Mr. Clarke said continuing his lecture.

"Dude are you okay?" I whispered concerned why he busted through the doors.

"Yea AV club at lunch." he informed me and the rest of the party plus Max.

"Dustin!" Mr. Clarke yelled.

"Yes my lord." Dustin responded with a funny accent making me snort.

"Would you care to join the class now?" He asked him.

"Yes."

"The case of Phineas Gage."

"Phineas Gage."

"Page 104."

"104. 104."

"Focus."

"Focusing. Focusing."

Time skip

"His name is D'artagnan" Dustin said grabbing a creature out his ghost trap.

"D what type of name is that?" I asked him.