Sauna Test

"Do you copy? This is a code red. I repeat, a code red. Max, do you copy?!" Someone from the walkie screamed, I groaned turning over.

I heard Max scoff and grab the walkie and scream back into the walkie.

"I repeat this is a code red-" Lucas yelled.

"Shut up!" Max yelled forcefully lowering the antenna on the walkie down.

Max set the walkie back on the floor cuddling against my front again. I rubbed a hand through her hand as she huffed trying to go back to sleep.

A couple minutes went by and then the phone rang loudly making me shoot my eyes open. Max groaned in annoyance sitting up walking to the phone.

"You've got to be kidding me." Max said annoyingly.

"Assholes." I mumbled grabbing the pillow from under my head shoving it in my face.

"I'm sleeping. Go away." I heard a muffled Max say.

I tuned out the rest of the conversation trying to go back to sleep. All of a sudden Max snatched the pillow from my face, her and El were staring at me.

"We need to go." Was all Max said and threw some extra clothes I kept at her house at me.

"What?" I said grabbing the clothes and sat up.

"We need to go. Now." Max said.

-

Time Skip

-

"I didn't think it was anything at first." Will started.

"I mean, I think I just didn't want to believe it. The first time we felt it, it was at the day of the dead." Will finished.

"We?" Max asked.

"Yea, Lola's been having that feeling too." Will explained.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Max asked looking at me.

"I didn't want to worry you." I said.

"But still you should've told me." Max argued.

"We have different things to worry about." Lucas said.

"Power went out that night, too." Mike said.

"And then again, at the field near the Nelson farm the next day." He continued.

"Then again yesterday outside Castle Byers." Will butted in.

"What does it feel like?" Max asked.

"It's...It's like you can't breathe." Will said.

"And you know when stomach drops on a roller coaster?" I added.

"Yeah."

"Sure."

"No."

"It's like everything inside your body is just sinking all at once, but this is different. This is worst." I explained.

"And your body goes cold, everything goes in slow motion. And you feel where you've been attacked." I continued.

"Yea I felt it before. Whenever he was close." Will said and I nodded my head agreeing.

"Whenever who was close?" Max asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"The mind flayer." Me and Will said at the same time.

"I closed the gate." El said.

"I know, but what if he never left? What if we locked him out here with us?" Will said making my heart drop.